5-Hour Energy??

the commercial annoys me. i wont try it for that reason alone!

Something about B50 or just high strength B vitamins. I know the answer, but thought I would ask anyway.
You wouldn't/couldn't get desensitized to vitamins/minerals could you? The body doesn't work like that surely...right?

I'd like to hear input on this also. I occasionally consume a sugar free energy drink but id be more interested in supplementing with B-Vitamins asuming your body wouldnt adjust to it like caffeine?

Something about B50 or just high strength B vitamins. I know the answer, but thought I would ask anyway.
You wouldn't/couldn't get desensitized to vitamins/minerals could you? The body doesn't work like that surely...right?

Vitamin B5 - cofactor in the conversion of choline into the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, cholinergic agent, increases stamina (including mental stamina).

Vitamin B6 - co-factor used by the body to produce dopamine.

Nicotinic acid (vitamin B3) - Essential nutrient. Mild enhancer of concentration and memory. Vasodilator. Mood stabilizer, with a powerful anti-anxiety effect

B3 + caffeine kind of turns me on, still a terrible product though.

Sometimes people buy marketing over quality.

Good luck with it.

The guy at GNC today recommended it highly. Shortly after recommending 2 different Muscle Tech products. That alone was enough to convince me never to waste my money on it again.

IMO, phosphatidylcholine (in the form of lecithin) + Caffeine + B50 is still one of the best, and cheapest, preWO stims out there.

eh, didnt do much for me

gimme a regular ol cup o joe any day of the week

Vitamin B5 - cofactor in the conversion of choline into the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, cholinergic agent, increases stamina (including mental stamina).

Vitamin B6 - co-factor used by the body to produce dopamine.

Nicotinic acid (vitamin B3) - Essential nutrient. Mild enhancer of concentration and memory. Vasodilator. Mood stabilizer, with a powerful anti-anxiety effect

I just started using this stuff in-between BJJ and wrestling class. It is the only way I can get through double classes. What other supplements would help that are fast and easy?

I just started using this stuff in-between BJJ and wrestling class. It is the only way I can get through double classes. What other supplements would help that are fast and easy?

Caffeine pills + B12.

Caffeine pills + B12.

This, so much this. I am dumbfounded that so many people fall for the 5-hour energy marketing, apparently even many people here on the D&S forum that should know better.

You guys are all aware that you can get a bottle of 60x200mg caffeine pills for under $5 at any pharmacy, right? That's basically all 5-hour energy is, except at several thousand % markup. It's such an incredible rip-off of a product, my only gripe is that I didn't think of it first.

Edit--with regard to the B vitamins, they're pretty much a gimmick in energy drinks. Most everyone gets more than enough B vitamins from their regular diet, unless you have a dietary deficiency they're not going to make a difference in energy level. If you really feel the need to supplement them, caffeine pills + a B vitamin supp are still much, much, MUCH cheaper per serving than 5-hour energy.

Last edited:
Back