$5 billion for Border Wall?

Im glad there's finally some progress being made on this very important issue. America is for Americans. In b4 progressives tell white people to go back to Europe.

Do you think all illegal immigrants are paid under the table?

Not the ones that commit social security fraud(really easy/accessible, my gf is an immigrant who works in upscale restaurants and it's incredibly common, the amount of black market illegal/not quite legal immigrant-resources is fascinating, I almost married one of her co-workers for 30k - the whole greencard marriage thing is very real and these people KILL it(2-3 jobs, shitty living situations where they share rooms and sometimes even a bed, they hustle cooks for free food, she even brings back food and we don't have to go shopping, they even work out carpooling to save $12 on an uber when she's guaranteed to make $150 in tips in like 4-5 hours and they all work doubles too... I have so much love and respect for immigrants I don't want them here cause the shit they have to put up with and the fact that they contribute to unfair power imbalances(restaurant/farm/construction owners really get to take advantage of these people.... my gf asked her former boss to write her a letter of recommendation for her immigration case and the POS wanted nudes in exchange for doing it).

Lol. Are you serious?

If people voted for it. What's the problem? Border wall was one of Trump's big election promises.

You think Presidents shouldn't follow through on their election promises?

What are you, a Democrat?

Without getting into a big back and forth about if the wall is the best solution. It's been two years and it is only now that the Republicans are wanting to fund the wall. They are hoping to use Trump's base to maintain their power. If this was an actual important issue to them it would already be done. It is a good strategy from them in all honesty.

Mayne you shouldn't have spent the last two years gloating about how Trump didn't deliver on the wall...

I mean you guys basically dared him.

If people voted for it. What's the problem? Border wall was one of Trump's big election promises.

You think Presidents shouldn't follow through on their election promises?

What are you, a Democrat?

I'd rather infrastructure spending more than a wall.

Get that wall up quick so we can protect the rest of the world from us

Mayne you shouldn't have spent the last two years gloating about how Trump didn't deliver on the wall...

I mean you guys basically dared him.

You are missing the point here. We know Trump has wanted the wall since day one. Congress has been trying to avoid it, and done a fine job at it. Only now, with mid terms not looking like a lock are they concerned about it. This is a strategic move to rally to voter base. Any time in the last two years they could have got it done, but did not want to do it. They are willing to spend billion of tax payer money just to hold on to the power, not because they believe in the wall. Just think about that a bit.

Better use of that money would be spent on US ports.

You are missing the point here. We know Trump has wanted the wall since day one. Congress has been trying to avoid it, and done a fine job at it. Only now, with mid terms not looking like a lock are they concerned about it. This is a strategic move to rally to voter base. Any time in the last two years they could have got it done, but did not want to do it. They are willing to spend billion of tax payer money just to hold on to the power, not because they believe in the wall. Just think about that a bit.

If it gets the wall built, who cares? And hey if it has the bonus of helping Republicans in the midterms, bonus!

Cool. Win an election then.

I thought that was also a Republican issue. Guess not, don't forget that was another one of Trump's big issues, one i think most people agree needs to be done.

If it gets the wall built, who cares? And hey if it has the bonus of helping Republicans in the midterms, bonus!

It is a prime example of the swamp in action. You are forgetting more people in the country voted for Hillary than Trump, so I don't really think you can say that more people want the wall than dont.

<Fedor23>

I didn't know Mexico had the US Congress. They've made quite some advances.

Probably a bit premature to get excited over news for which the only source at the moment is a tweet.

Back