43-year-old Fabricio Werdum negotiating with PFL, sees himself fighting ‘two more years’

During his 2 year suspension he was negotiating for a way out of his contract to fight in Bellator. UFC refused to release him until his 2 remaining fights in his contract were up
That makes sense. And now he’s not going to bellator. Pity. He’s still a quality fighter if he’s in shape.

Werdum could be champ in any org other than the UFC. Clearly PFL is in his sights cause of the money

"I didn’t close the deal with Bellator because they wanted me to rematch Fedor Emelianenko in my first fight".

Fedor probably asked for better PED testing

I thought PFL was inactive and facing lawsuits. Good for Werdum if it works out and he gets money, he has nothing left to prove.

I thought PFL was inactive and facing lawsuits. Good for Werdum if it works out and he gets money, he has nothing left to prove.

They're paying their fights some kind of stipend right now but I really don't see how they'll stay afloat for the foreseeable future. Seems risky.

The PFL is pretty much a dumb money investor ponzi scheme where even the fighters get to cash in. He should go get that money.

Well, I think Fedor and him would have been a toss up, and a really good match up. I don't mind Werdum at all, But I just wanted Fedor to have a chance to potentially return the favor to Werdum.

Lmao Fedor ducking Werdum

Predictable

Smart move for Werdum, he's older now and not a big draw so he probably would make more money in PFL than UFC or Bellator provided he wins the tournament.

Back