• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You want to run over a little girl at a drive thru!? Don't do it!

... actually, there are studies saying regular users are more alert when driving high than sober...

I don't, but it's more because I don't want a DWI vs. actually being too impaired.

I'm sure most of the non-smokers won't believe this, but I do a lot of physical activities 'better' with a buzz (can't remember the last time I played soccer sober).

Drive high everyday. Never speed always double take when merging lanes. Never worried about myself. Im worried about that stone sober motherfucker doing 90 in a 65 riding peeps asses.

The tolerance for it in this thread shows why the road is fucking dangerous lol.....For all you potheads that think no one can tell when you smoke because you do it everyday and act normal.....We can tell lmao....I am not anti weed, I smoke a few times a month. But I have pot head friends...that are teachers, union guys, ceos, and I can tell when they smoke without a doubt. I also know people that drink and drive and say stupid shit like "I drive better drunk".

It's no more acceptable than driving drunk. Different effects but you're still impaired.

Yeah but simply being tired or a bad driver (or old, or being emotional, or distracted etc etc) also impairs one's ability to drive just as much if not more so than a regular cannabis user will experience driving high. It can't be compared to alcohol as the impairment that causes (losing all control of your body) is vastly different than being high (slightly slower reaction time and lethargy).

I mean some pro gamers use cannabis to "get in the zone". What they do requires somewhat more coordination and reaction time than driving yet they still seem to perform at a high level.

We're WAY over-policed. In other countries people pay more taxes and get more services. They also have more gun control. Police basically stay out of people's way unless they're actively committing crimes. Our cops are used as revenue collectors with quotas because we don't tax wealthy people and corporations enough. And we have social problems due to lack of social support for citizens.

They actively profile people rather than waiting for them to actually commit crimes. They'll do things like pull over a random black guy who's coming out of church with his family, lie about something like he didn't signal when he was turning (even though the patrol car cam shows that the guy indeed signaled) as an excuse, when really it's racial profiling and they're on a fishing expedition for drugs and guns and prior warrants.

They're also extremely paranoid about their safety while actively patrolling because our population is heavily armed, and they receive warrior training and have the mentality that it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 (which is why legal gun owner Philando Castile was murdered and the killer cop got away with it when he tried to do the right thing and inform the officer he was armed). I know you're a BIG 2nd Amendment guy and I am too to a large extent, but the reality is that whenever you've got a heavily armed population that is also being heavily patrolled, there's going to be A LOT of friction there, regardless of how you feel about gun laws. Cops also have rules of engagement when dealing with citizens in the US that is less restrictive than for soldiers when dealing with citizens in war zones overseas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Philando_Castile

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gh-soldiers-are-better-trained-to-deescalate/

PS - Even if the guy in the video had been riding dirty, which he wasn't, they would have had to drop the charges because it was fruit of the poisonous tree since the cops lied about the probable cause for the pullover and search.

You bring up a lot of good points. But the issue is when you stop the policing you see what happens. We have a small minority of people that cause a whole lotta shit. Unfortunately a lot of that where I live is from minorities and that does cause innocent citizens to then get targeted. Cops aren't pulling over Asians in suits, just like store owners are not following around Jewish kids with Yarmulkes on. The only way that gets fixed is with self policing. Instead of laughing and cheering criminals on, people need to see what that does to the community as a whole. Not everyone that livesin trailers are trash, but enough are that they all get grouped that way, right or wrong. The shit I see in Brooklyn on the roads....I would never want to be a cop. You see a black guy get pulled over in a speeding Benz with gold accents and heavy tint with smoke billowing out of the windows and music shaking the buildings and then they cry racism. I do not know the answer but I do agree the system is broken and things like tickets and red light cams are used to generate revenue. As for Guns, I do not know the answer there either. If you go hard and say anyone caught with an illegal gun gets mandatory heavy sentences people will cry that is targeting minorities....We live in fucked up times and if there were easy solutions I would love to hear them.

By just reading this thread I have become a pot addict. Thanks TS.

Bonus question, whats it like riding a Motorcycle High?

Don't know, but I can tell you that riding a mountain bike while high is pretty damn fun. It turns a 1 hour loop of my local trails into what feels like an all day adventure ride in the wilderness. I definitely don't ride any better though, it just feels like I do. The helmet cam videos don't lie.

Yeah but simply being tired or a bad driver (or old, or being emotional, or distracted etc etc) also impairs one's ability to drive just as much if not more so than a regular cannabis user will experience driving high. It can't be compared to alcohol as the impairment that causes (losing all control of your body) is vastly different than being high (slightly slower reaction time and lethargy).

I mean some pro gamers use cannabis to "get in the zone". What they do requires somewhat more coordination and reaction time than driving yet they still seem to perform at a high level.
So you're saying no one should drive unless they're high on weed. Got it.

The whole "I do such and such better when I'm high" thing is hilarious. No, you don't drive or do anything better high. You think you do because you're impaired and also fucking dumber when you're high. Goddamn.

Also, I'm betting a good chunk of you guys bragging about driving high would explode with fake outrage if someone bragged about driving drunk. Fucking twats. Eat my balls.

If you're a daily smoker then have fun. If you never smoke at all then stay off the road
This

When I used to smoke everyday, getting high was like having a single drink. Obviously it affects your ability to drive, but not to the point you're going to be causing accidents.

Now that I smoke once in a blue moon, I wouldn't want to drive if I was high. It really affects decision making and memory when it comes to stuff like how to get places. Things are more confusing.

It still doesn't mess me up the way being wasted drunk would, but even after 1 decent rip off a bong, I shouldn't be on the road these days.

So you're saying no one should drive unless they're high on weed. Got it.

The whole "I do such and such better when I'm high" thing is hilarious. No, you don't drive or do anything better high. You think you do because you're impaired and also fucking dumber when you're high. Goddamn.

Also, I'm betting a good chunk of you guys bragging about driving high would explode with fake outrage if someone bragged about driving drunk. Fucking twats. Eat my balls.

Repetitive things can become easier with marijuana if you're a heavy user. Stuff like playing video games or instruments are good examples. I've played in bands with musicians that played better stoned.

Done it once when i was 15.
. Braced for a turn coming up in 1/4 mile, i blinked and i was miles past it. That was enough for me

I do dance better when I'm high, but that's only because I don't dance at all when I'm sober.

Why can’t people just use automobiles to get from point A to point B without being on a substance? It’s baffling to me.

Depends where. I enjoy being high and driving through the country. It's peaceful and fantastic. It's zero fun in a city so I just don't. Way too much to pay attention to and worry about.

The whole "I do such and such better when I'm high" thing is hilarious. No, you don't drive or do anything better high.

That you say this with such conviction is what's hilarious. Curious, what's your history with partaking in marijuana? Ever build up a tolerance?

Repetitive things can become easier with marijuana if you're a heavy user. Stuff like playing video games or instruments are good examples. I've played in bands with musicians that played better stoned.

Exactly. As I said earlier, I definitely play sports better when high. I'm less in my head about getting things right and just flow. Plus, I feel like my touch is more sensitive, so that helps a lot.

A friend of mine and his son were almost killed by a dumbass who was high as fuck and plowed into his car at an intersection. I consider people who drive while high as the same type of scum that drive while drunk, you are impaired and you are putting other people's lives in danger.

tumblr_oj0s9rMR5Q1qedb29o1_400.gifv

Back