Media Ciryl Gane 100% takedown defense

Jean-MMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
tsrwOv.gif

LR0qpx.gif

vgF44z.gif

Try to take Cyril Gane down, and he WILL NOT LET YOU.

That's one thing about Gane I'm very unsure of. He hasn't fought any wrestlers worth of note to be able to judge his TDD properly.
I think him vs Blaydes would tell us a lot, if he can defend most takedowns he's good.

That's one thing about Gane I'm very unsure of. He hasn't fought any wrestlers worth of note to be able to judge his TDD properly.
I think him vs Blaydes would tell us a lot, if he can defend most takedowns he's good.
I would not be surprise if he pull up an Aldoesque TD defense, this kid is super talented, good on the clinch thanks to his MT, knows how to shift his hips, and with his mouvement it's gonna be hard to land naked TD.

I'm fairly sure Jones is praying for Gane win.

So much better match up.

I think Gane is a favourite in Ngannou fight too so may get his wish.

It remains to be seen how Jon performs at HW. Speed may be a factor with the extra pounds he's packed on and Gane moves like a WW.

Also, he struggled to takedown Reyes and couldn't hold him down when he did so Gane might not be as vulnerable to his TDs.

I would not be surprise if he pull up an Aldoesque TD defense, this kid is super talented, good on the clinch thanks to his MT, knows how to shift his hips, and with his mouvement it's gonna be hard to land naked TD.
I think he's a fantastic fighter and amazing fight IQ. Just curious to see how he deals with a wrestler like Stiper or Blaydes.

It remains to be seen how Jon performs at HW. Speed may be a factor with the extra pounds he's packed on and Gane moves like a WW.

Also, he struggled to takedown Reyes and couldn't hold him down when he did so Gane might not be as vulnerable to his TDs.

Well Jones hasnt looked good in few years but Im sure he still wants Gane badly over Francis

I think he's a fantastic fighter and amazing fight IQ. Just curious to see how he deals with a wrestler like Stiper or Blaydes.
Yep, time will tell.
He spar every day with an Tunisian olympian HW wrestler though

Is Blaydes the only one current wrestling heavy HW fighter ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back