Afgan UFC fighter can no longer carry Afgan Flag since it is not internationally recognized anymore.

I could have sworn he had the Afghan flag.

Had to go rewatch and yep, no flag.

Isn't the mind a funny thing...

I thought one of the UFC interns forgot to put the flag on saturday. That is how amateur they can be.

That is shitty tho.

Oh ffs this isn't the UFC's fault.

You have to enforce rules like this or people do dumb shit that affects the company. Sympathy to the fighter and it sucks... but the rule makes complete sense.

Any fighter should be able to fly whatever Flag they want regardless of political implications , history etc . Ridiculous rule but it should be pointed out the Flag he flew was installed in 2002 after the US invasion(its also an Islamist nationalist flag noobs) , theres been various Afghan national flags sense the 1920's, this seems like posturing from the UFC to not want any hot button issues and to keep things clean on ESPN . bullshit if you ask me.

Any fighter should be able to fly whatever Flag they want regardless of political implications , history etc . Ridiculous rule but it should be pointed out the Flag he flew was installed in 2002 after the US invasion(its also an Islamist nationalist flag noobs) , theres been various Afghan national flags sense the 1920's, this seems like posturing from the UFC to not want any hot button issues and to keep things clean on ESPN . bullshit if you ask me.
"Whatever flag they want"
What about a german flag circa 1940?

Oh ffs this isn't the UFC's fault.

You have to enforce rules like this or people do dumb shit that affects the company. Sympathy to the fighter and it sucks... but the rule makes complete sense.

Exactly.

Edmen Shahbazyan was fined for carrying an illegal flag in his fight against Derek Brunson and an employee lost their job for clearing it. The uniformity of UFC fight kits killed a lot of individuality in look and how fighters expressed themselves

Edmen Shahbazyan was fined for carrying an illegal flag in his fight against Derek Brunson and an employee lost their job for clearing it. The uniformity of UFC fight kits killed a lot of individuality in look and how fighters expressed themselves
exactly, completely agree . As an Armenian that was important for him to represent (or at least thats how he feels) especially with the flare ups with Azerbaijan at the time , but no cant have controversy on ESPN and next to the Monster and Modelo logos lol . Make sure to wear the Venom fight kit too!! haha I know its just the reality of how things are but yeah its fuckling stupid and will only get worse as the sport grows .

The new flag is the Taliban flag.

It represents terrorism and tyranny.
If they’re internationally recognized and raised in embassies then he is obliged to use them or walk through empty handed. Doesn’t matter what they represent.

Yep i think it should be allowed . Of course no fighter would do that cause they'd get booed to all hell but theoretically yes a fighter should be able to fly it , nice strawman though .
It's not a straw man when you have a number of fighters with white nationalist ties. There are definitely some who would do it. I'm sure someone would take Colby's lead.

I was demonstrating where that policy would lead with an extreme example.

That said, this is mma and geopolitics don't really need to come into play. It could make for dangerous situations for employees of the company. I get where you are coming from but I also see the UFC's side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back