News Super Prospect BO NICKAL has first MMA fight next Friday

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score
Bo Dean Nickal (born January 14, 1996) is an American freestyle wrestler and graduated folkstyle wrestler who competes at 86 kilograms. In freestyle, he claimed the 2019 U23 World Championship and the US Open National championship, and was a finalist at the 2020 US Olympic Team Trials and a Final X contestant in 2019. As a collegiate wrestler, Nickal was a three–time NCAA Division I National Champion (finalist in 2016) and a three–time Big Ten Conferencechampion out of the Pennsylvania State University.

Bo Nikal has also teamed up with American Top Team to build a gym next to Penn State so that can recruit the college’s best wrestlers in order to build a championship Pro Team.

how many newer NCAA wrestlers need to get embarrassed in MMA before we stop pretending it’s good enough anymore?

you need way more than a wrestling base to be successful now. ncaa background was great in 1997, not so much in 2021.

His wrestling is obviously going to be extremely difficult to deal with, but the biggest questions with any of these guys are how they'll react when getting hit and can they develop enough well-rounded skills to threaten people in a department other than wrestling. I'm excited to watch Bo. I was a huge fan of him in college. I also wonder what weight class he's going to fight at. He last wrestled at 197 for Penn State, but I don't think he weighed anything over 193 for that entire season. I think his frame is better suited for middleweight considering how tall and gangly he is.

He has great wrestling credential but it's misleading to call him a super prospect when we don't even know what's he like in mma.

how many newer NCAA wrestlers need to get embarrassed in MMA before we stop pretending it’s good enough anymore?

you need way more than a wrestling base to be successful now. ncaa background was great in 1997, not so much in 2021.
Who has been embarrassed?

Ben askren won belts in premier orgs while being past his prime, out of shape and terrible striking

When's the last time an NCAA wrestler got embarrassed in MMA?

The only NCAA wrestler I can think of who came nowhere close to expectations was Shawn Bunch. But pretty much everyone else who's crossed over has done very well.

Who has been embarrassed?

Ben askren won belts in premier orgs while being past his prime, out of shape and terrible striking
yeah a fucking decade ago. since then, aaron pico, tyrell fortune, gregor gillespie, ed ruth, and countless others have gotten hyped beyond belief as future champs and lost to mediocre fighters.

yeah a fucking decade ago. since then, aaron pico, tyrell fortune, gregor gillespie, ed ruth, and countless others have gotten hyped beyond belief as future champs and lost to mediocre fighters.
Pico and Fortune are both ranked in Bellator. Gillespie is ranked in UFC. Ruth was ranked before he retired.

How the hell did any of those guys get embarrassed?

Pico and Fortune are both ranked in Bellator. Gillespie is ranked in UFC. Ruth was ranked before he retired.

How the hell did any of those guys get embarrassed?
look at their records, not their rankings.

I see Aaron Pico as a future champ. He's won 4 in a row and looks great. He had a few learning experiences but he's getting better and better. He got thrown in bellator for his first fight he didn't go fight in some low level promotion for years like others do to rack up wins and experience

DiscreteFoolhardyEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_pm3m5kI5QH1rofocqo1_500.gifv

bellator-245-taylor-johnson-ed-ruth-1.jpg

ncaa wrestling isn’t enough

Back