Who thinks UFC should bring back original intro?

MMAATHLETE

Fan of MMA before there were fans of MMA
Reaction score
They won't. Would make fun of it if it was my first time seeing it but enjoy the nostalgia

That was like Spartacus intro on meth. Unbearable.

Reactions: HHJ
Yeah that always got me so worked up :)

I always thought it strange that they chose gladiator attire. I mean, they aren't gladiators, they're empty hand fighters.

A pankratiast would have been a more suitable choice from that era but then, pankration was fought naked :/

I miss the Anthony Bourdain intros.

<DCrying>

Bring this back

This. They should really find a way to revisit/remaster this theme and re-introduce it somewhere.

I remember it giving me goosebumps when watching early UFCs in the mid 90's. Back then it sort of had this deathmatch / bloodsport / pit fighting connotation.

This. They should really find a way to revisit/remaster this theme and re-introduce it somewhere.

I remember it giving me goosebumps when watching early UFCs in the mid 90's. Back then it sort of had this deathmatch / bloodsport / pit fighting connotation.
lol

Gotta love this 80s style cheese. Listen themes change in sports all the time. This dated melody isnt worth going back to. Although it does remind me of the Flash Gordon soundtrack (although nowhere NEAR as good) and that rocks. But do I think it properly represents what the UFC is now? No.

hahahah might as well use Tusk's music from Killer Instinct Gold (which also rocks!)

I actually really liked the CGI intro with the cage morphing into the modern one, starting with Royce vs. Shamrock.

Yes I also thought that this was top-notch. Really liked that one.

lol

Gotta love this 80s style cheese. Listen themes change in sports all the time. This dated melody isnt worth going back to. Although it does remind me of the Flash Gordon soundtrack (although nowhere NEAR as good) and that rocks. But do I think it properly represents what the UFC is now? No.

I am talking only about the first ten seconds with the trumpets / windpipes / whatever they are called. These few notes, not the rest.

If they brought back the gladiator intro and face the pain + got rid of Rogan and DC I would actually buy PPVs again. The entire presentation has went to shit and it’s unwatchable atm.

Back