Nick Diaz was out striking GSP 8 years ago-

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just watched the GSP Nick Diaz fight.

He was doing well! He was beating up GSP on the feet but got controlled and dominated by the Wrestling as predicted.

He could have probably beaten guys like Dan Hardy, Carlos Condit in a rematch, maybe even Tyron Woodley since Woodley doesn’t wrestle.

Even today I like his chances against Leon Edwards and Jorge Masvidal.

Assuming he’s still after 8 years off.

You favour him over Leon? Leon just tooled his younger and more active brother :s.

No version of Nate beats any version of Nick playboy

tenor.gif

lets be honest here... in his comeback he could get ko'd faster than Askren and as long as he mean mugged when he woke up and gave the crowd the finger he'd be gifted "god status" and given the next title shot

Prime Nick>Prime Nate
i know this is conventional wisdom but I kinda disagree with it

Nate during his lightweight run to the title shot was really good. and Nick while being great himself perhaps fought….ill say ok competition for most of his career

gomi is a good win but the weight disparity was a little absurd
paul daley was a good. win but. i guess if paul daley is a top 3 win of yours who did you fight?

I just watched the GSP Nick Diaz fight.

He was doing well! He was beating up GSP on the feet but got controlled and dominated by the Wrestling as predicted.

He could have probably beaten guys like Dan Hardy, Carlos Condit in a rematch, maybe even Tyron Woodley since Woodley doesn’t wrestle.

Even today I like his chances against Leon Edwards and Jorge Masvidal.

Assuming he’s still after 8 years off.
He couldn't stop the takedown, nothing has changed with the Diaz brothers. That's why Nate won't fight more often. He needs to pick opponents that will stand with him. Nick would've lost to Condit again because Condit has a more complete striking game (kicking) and is smart enough not to get goaded into a slugfest. Nick is in no shape (mental more than physical) to beat guys like Leon and Masvidal. You are severely overrating Nick and I like him.

Last edited:
Back