Media Drew Dober: Islam Makhachev is not a risk taker like Khabib; kinda plays it safe

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
E282jcJWYAAMzt2

I have to agree with Dober. Leon Edwards has the same problem. These guys don't really go for it. I understand their view somewhat too. Why accrue the risk of more damage when you don't have to? But that doesn't get you paid or get you to the title fights as fast

Last edited:
Yeah Khabib is very offensive minded. If you're not actively passing, attacking, etc then you're a step behind.

I respect that mindset. Still, I think Islam has the smarter style for his longevity as a fighter. He isn't a terminator like Khabib.

Was Khabib really a risk taker? Never tried his hand at 170 and was a bit of a pullout merchant and before his winning the title he won a lot by decision.

He’s referring to fighting style. Khabib definitely took risks in the cage. Just because he has a grappling heavy game doesn’t mean he’s not taking risks. Just because he wins decisions, doesn’t mean he’s not taking risks.

E282jcJWYAAMzt2

I have to agree with Dober. Leon Edwards has the same problem. These guys don't really go for it. I understand their view somewhat too. Why accrue the risk of more damage when you don't have to? But that doesn't get you paid or get you to the title fights as fast

Khabib is the risk taker? Is this guy delusional or something?

Khabib is the risk taker? Is this guy delusional or something?
He's 100% correct. Khabib is extremely offensive minded and will give up positions that ge can easily ride out in favor of positions where he can attack.

He won't do stupid shit, of course . However, Khabib will always act in favor of the offensive option. Always move forward. Always throw GnP. Always threaten the sub. Always threaten the takedown. Etc

He's 100% correct. Khabib is extremely offensive minded and will give up positions that ge can easily ride out in favor of positions where he can attack.

He won't do stupid shit, of course . However, Khabib will always act in favor of the offensive option. Always move forward. Always throw GnP. Always threaten the sub. Always threaten the takedown. Etc

Oh boy quite delusional, jeez.

are there any fighters you actually like? every post I see from you is shitting on another fighter lol.

I like Islam. Khabib isn't so bad. But calling Khabib a risk taker is pretty delusional.

Back