Media Drew Dober: Islam Makhachev is not a risk taker like Khabib; kinda plays it safe

I literally just answered it.
You didn't. You said that he finished Dober. Okay, that's fine, but irrelevant to his assessment in that he doesn't take risks. I'm not asking you why should islam have more risks against dober. I'm asking you what's wrong with it? Is it not an accurate statement? He doesn't take risks.

I already stated I get what he's not taking risks, now I'm asking what's incorrect about that statement?

You didn't. You said that he finished Dober. Okay, that's fine, but irrelevant to his assessment in that he doesn't take risks. I'm not asking you why should islam have more risks against dober. I'm asking you what's wrong with it? Is it not an accurate statement? He doesn't take risks.

I already stated I get what he's not taking risks, now I'm asking what's incorrect about that statement?

I said why should he have put himself into situations that could’ve resulted in Dober getting over on him. Maybe he felt like that risk after a long lay off wasn’t worth it.

It’s sounds like Dober is saying Islam could’ve finished him much easier if he just tried harder. Kinda pathetic really.

I said why should he have put himself into situations that could’ve resulted in Dober getting over on him. Maybe he felt like that risk after a long lay off wasn’t worth it.

It’s sounds like Dober is saying Islam could’ve finished him much easier if he just tried harder. Kinda pathetic really.

respectfully, that's not an answer. That's answering a question with a question. It doesn't indicate that there's anything wrong with the assessment itself. Islam said it himself, he could have made it harder, but he took the easy route. It's an accurate assessment that Islam is content, where as Khabib would have smashed dober for three rounds straight, in the half guard as well.

I think that's exactly what he's saying. Islam could have mauled him but decided to play it safe. I think that's a fair assessment.

a-2.jpg

respectfully, that's not an answer. That's answering a question with a question. It doesn't indicate that there's anything wrong with the assessment itself. Islam said it himself, he could have made it harder, but he took the easy route. It's an accurate assessment that Islam is content, where as Khabib would have smashed dober for three rounds straight, in the half guard as well.

I think that's exactly what he's saying. Islam could have mauled him but decided to play it safe. I think that's a fair assessment.

what does that mean “he could’ve have made it harder but he took the easy way out”

You’re saying if he would’ve finished him sooner it would’ve been harder?

I think you answered your own question.. perhaps.

what does that mean “he could’ve have made it harder but he took the easy way out”

You’re saying if he would’ve finished him sooner it would’ve been harder?

I think you answered your own question.. perhaps.
I already had my answer. There's nothing wrong with Dober's assessment. He said Islam takes less risks and Islam said he took less risk by doing what he did to Dober Islam said he could have striked him with him but took easy way.. This is not a revelation I'm giving you. Nothing Dober is saying is controversial, even to Islam or his team if I were to guess. It's a fair observation by dober.

That's what I mean by genetic fallacy. Had someone else say it(someone who hasn't fought islam), I don't think you would have an issue with it. But because he got submitted by Islam, it's a problematic statement by dober. It really isn't, in my opinion. It's fair.

I already had my answer. There's nothing wrong with Dober's assessment. He said Islam takes less risks and Islam said he took less risk by doing what he did to Dober Islam said he could have striked him with him but took easy way.. This is not a revelation I'm giving you. Nothing Dober is saying is controversial, even to Islam or his team if I were to guess. It's a fair observation by dober.

That's what I mean by genetic fallacy. Had someone else say it(someone who hasn't fought islam), I don't think you would have an issue with it. But because he got submitted by Islam, it's a problematic statement by dober. It really isn't, in my opinion. It's fair.

but I Don’t believe Islam would’ve beaten him standing for the duration of the fight if he decided to keep it standing. So I disagree with that position right out the gate

but I Don’t believe Islam would’ve beaten him standing for the duration of the fight if he decided to keep it standing. So I disagree with that position right out the gate
I do. I believe it would have been a decision boring fight, kinda more boring than their fight was before.

I do. I believe it would have been a decision boring fight, kinda more boring than their fight was before.

I guess were at a crossroads here because I don’t think it would’ve been smart to keep the fight standing the entire time. I don’t think that would’ve favored Islam throughout the duration of the match up.

Islam doesnt have Dana White priviledge so he kind of has to play it safe. One misstep and he's back to the end of the line.

Khabib was often more reckless than islam, who is more composed on the feet (cause he's more technical too). khabib seems stronger.

Khabib head is fucking huge, round and hard as fuck so he can get away with taking risks, Islam can't say the same and I'm glad he is fighting smart.

Islam doesnt have Dana White priviledge so he kind of has to play it safe. One misstep and he's back to the end of the line.
With Khabib and Ali on his side Dana will give him some priviledges like it or not, as long as he keeps winning obviously

going for a mounted triangle and going to your back with it is pretty risky

Like he did that once in his freaking UFC career, prob because Gaehtje was so bad on the ground

One thing for certain is that Khabib has the chin to take some solid punches against Conor, Dustin and Justin, whereas Islam got KO'd by some scrub.

Back