is Usman a reverse Gsp

I agree Usman is amazing, but he has 2 finishes in a row and everyone thinks he's a finisher, if he has 2 decisions he'll be boring again lol. People constantly go from Izzy is super exciting, to super boring depending on the result of his last fight or two, short memories

It seems like he is getting better in striking, but I think he needs to avoid relying on it too much. Considering that most of the welterweight contenders aren't planning to out-wrestle him, they're gonna likely build their gameplans around landing the KO.

It could be a training camp thing.

GSP started at Jackson-Wink and eventually went to Tristar, who aren’t exactly known as finishers.
Usman started with Hooft, and went to Trevor Whitman, who is known to produce finishers.

Yeah pretty much. Usman was getting clowned so much he knew he had to switch something up to make the most of his reign. And boy did he deliver!
He said it himself after the 1st Mas fight. His mood was down and he wasn't happy with results. He said I didn't like it, I was getting hit too much and have to work on it. I have more to work on.
Then came back on fire.

Usman is the beneficiary of a weak UFC WW division where everyone has made their name off of a washed up Demian Maia or Tyron Woodley. He is a good fighter but nothing special. 3 of his last 4 “defenses” were against career LWs. And then Covington’s best win is an old washed up Demian Maia. You ppl need to think for yourselves. But hey what can I say you guys are the same ppl getting excited to watch Marvin Vettori fight for a championship lol. Dude can’t punch kick or grapple but he’s “#3 MW in the world” <Lmaoo><45>

I agree Usman is amazing, but he has 2 finishes in a row and everyone thinks he's a finisher, if he has 2 decisions he'll be boring again lol. People constantly go from Izzy is super exciting, to super boring depending on the result of his last fight or two, short memories
give sherdog a little credit

he'll be the most boring fighter of all time after 1 decision

Dan Henderson is the reverse GSP

Started out the most elite wrestler in the sport ended as a striker with mediocre wrestling
Went from "decision Dan" to H-bomb Dan.
Wasn't afraid to go up two weight classes and fight the best
Retired late, had one of the longest careers in the history of the sport
Actually became a two division champ
Iron chin
Huge punching power
Enjoyed a brawl

Usman is the beneficiary of a weak UFC WW division where everyone has made their name off of a washed up Demian Maia or Tyron Woodley. He is a good fighter but nothing special. 3 of his last 4 “defenses” were against career LWs. And then Covington’s best win is an old washed up Demian Maia. You ppl need to think for yourselves. But hey what can I say you guys are the same ppl getting excited to watch Marvin Vettori fight for a championship lol. Dude can’t punch kick or grapple but he’s “#3 MW in the world” <Lmaoo><45>
but usman didn t got tko ed my a midget lol

Dan Henderson is the reverse GSP

Started out the most elite wrestler in the sport ended as a striker with mediocre wrestling
Went from "decision Dan" to H-bomb Dan.
Wasn't afraid to go up two weight classes and fight the best
Retired late, had one of the longest careers in the history of the sport
Actually became a two division champ
Iron chin
Huge punching power
Enjoyed a brawl
you may as well do chad henderson vs virgin gsp

The level of improvement on a fight by fight basis at the top level is amazing.

The only other guy that we've seen step up against top level competition like that is Cejudo.
WTF are you talking about? Henry lost to DJ but was gifted a decision and title. He never defended it against a true number 1 contender. He was then gifted a title fight at BW and did a great job coming back from being within a hair of being finished in the first vs Moraes to finishing him in the 2nd. Defended that against an unranked opponent and retired. Running away from a long list of contenders.

He also didn't move up to win a 2nd title. He fought at his normal weigh class of 135 after killing himself to make Fly (missing twice in his first 2 flyW fights).

Usman has 4 defences, two against Masvidal. Now he is trying to claim no one deserves a title shot.

They both are the Anti GSP. He defended his title against the next deserving contender time and time again.

Back