is Usman a reverse Gsp

the masvidal fights obviously dont count since it was for casuals, so who did he fight except colby and burns ? nobody he's a green unproved champ not on the same planet as jones silva or gsp in terms of legacy.

It could be a training camp thing.

GSP started at Jackson-Wink and eventually went to Tristar, who aren’t exactly known as finishers.
Usman started with Hooft, and went to Trevor Whitman, who is known to produce finishers.
I think it's the opposite for GSP, he was always at Tristar and started training at Jackson-Wink after. Jackson-Wink has always been known for it's point fighting style strategies/tactics.

Yeah, that Michael Bisping one off totally redeems the fact that he tucked tail in the prime of his career.

Bozos like you didn’t even watch GSP fight live and it’s painfully obvious.

nice try clown

GSP relinquished the belt so as not to cockblock the division.

More champs should do that instead of clinging to their belt.

GSP should be commended for that.

do you see usman tapping to strike to matt serra c mon

Why not? We have yet to see much out of Marty. He certainly doesn't have anywhere near the records that GSP has, tap or no tap.

We have actual records to call into the conversation and you have a tap. Whatever makes you feel good I guess, lol.

dude stop
he already beat up everyone apart from wonderboy in the top 5
and is about to do a second turn on them

GSP was beating up the top 5 for years. He was doing it long enough that the top 5 changed. How about we let it play out for a bit. I am not entirely sure that anyone gave a shit about the guy before his title fight to be honest. How about we let him defend that belt against #1 contenders for just a wee bit longer and actually break some of GSP's records before we get carried away.

That is sherdog though, string together a couple wins and everyone is mind blown, lose a couple after that and you were never a thing at all. Is normal.

Why not? We have yet to see much out of Marty. He certainly doesn't have anywhere near the records that GSP has, tap or no tap.

We have actual records to call into the conversation and you have a tap. Whatever makes you feel good I guess, lol.
he has the chin and heart gsp doesn t have tough

he has the chin and heart gsp doesn t have tough

I hope his chin is better than your spelling. So how the actual fuck does a person become the best ww ever according to the record books with no heart or chin? Are you really drunk or just really bad at this?

It seems like he is getting better in striking, but I think he needs to avoid relying on it too much. Considering that most of the welterweight contenders aren't planning to out-wrestle him, they're gonna likely build their gameplans around landing the KO.
understanding how to strike well is actually very good for avoiding the K.O. timing, distancing, set ups to clinch,.blocks, parties, slips, checks etc

Reactions: G10
Aside from Colby, Usman fought 2 guys who had no business fighting for the belt.

Burns won 6 fights in a row, was 19-3 and the clear #1 contender. My ass he didnt deserve a title shot.

You are the epitome of sensitive GSP fanboy. Exactly what I’m talking about, but I knew one of you would show up. Can you keep your rambling to one post and avoid quoting me three times in the future? Thanks.

Usman has become a finisher. GSP couldn’t stop a nose bleed in the prime of his career. Facts.

Usman’s win steak is certainly comparable to the best streak GSP ever put together. Wins over Edwards, RDA, Covington, Burns, and Masvidal, are all impressive. You probably treated GSP like a world beater when he decisioned Dan Hardy and Nick.

Both great fighters. But only one is stopping title challengers. Only one is on video blatantly cheating with grease too. But you belong to the most *sensitive fan base on the forums so I don’t expect any of this to click with you.
You claim Usman's win streak = GSP's?
How on earth is that? Out of his first 13 opponents, one of which he lost, not a single one was top 20 maybe not top 30.

Usman is on his way but he needs to pile up defences of his title. Cling to the GSP "Grease Gate" like a hater all you want. I find it hilarious that is what you cling to. Between the 3rd and 4th round his cutman applied vaseline to his face and then touched his body. How did that help GSP beat the living shit out of BJ Penn? Being slippery helps you avoid TDs not get them. It doesn't make your punches and elbows stronger and more powerful. It would have only helped BJ.

Also you didn't answer, have you ever seen GSP fight live? You were deriding someone about not having seen GSP live but have you?

Cejudo forced a razor thin fight with DJ (which nobody else was able to do) and then finished Dillashaw and a red hot Moraes. Trying to discredit that streak is completely insane, which, of course, is par for the course with this clown show of a forum where people do nothing but shit on the best guys in the sport.
You are correct. That 3 fight streak is impressive. Note that he lost one of them however due to inept judges not scoring the way they are instructed he was gifted a win. They changed the scoring criteria specifically to address a fight exactly like DJ vs Cejudo 2. The TD is meaningless when no damage is done let alone even attempted. They ignored that competely.

Again his streak was impressive (ignoring the DJ scoring controversy) and yet a 3 fight streak =/= what Triple Clown and some Sherdoggers claim he achieved. He is not the GOAT flyweight. Not the GOAT BW. He ran from all contenders when he had many challengers to actually build a legacy against. He isn't realistically comparable to Usman let alone GSP.

Usman is improving in his 30's, started MMA late. GSP was improving as well, but chose to use that for safety. Usman uses it for damage.

He said it himself after the 1st Mas fight. His mood was down and he wasn't happy with results. He said I didn't like it, I was getting hit too much and have to work on it. I have more to work on.
Then came back on fire.
I agree, but I also think part of the reason are the lower body injuries he's piled up. He NEEDS to work on his striking because his body might not hold out wrestling.

again did usman ever tap to strikes to a midget man gsp fan girls are so toxic
I hope his chin is better than your spelling. So how the actual fuck does a person become the best ww ever according to the record books with no heart or chin? Are you really drunk or just really bad at this?

The Usgod is on his way to being WW GOAT.

Let’s not just talk about how he’s been ko’ing top contenders as of late. Colby is one thing but he KO’d Masvidal! He KO’d a KO artist!

again did usman ever tap to strikes to a midget man gsp fan girls are so toxic
Lol, and trolls are so predictable. Look at my av and understand that I don't give a shit what you think. lmao. I got to lead you around for a while and make fun of you while you figured you were getting under my skin.

I am going to predict that people will not be making threads about Marty once he gets stopped and becomes a non issue. GSP has been retired for years and there are still weekly threads, that should tell you all you need to know. Just wait for it, it will happen just like I say.

Been fun kiddo, have a good one.

Back