Media Rogan thought Andrea Lee was Russian

To be fair, that's a pretty weird nickname and image to choose when you have zero connection with the Soviet Union (or even if you do). I mean, Shogun doesn't wear Japanese flag and symbols and we don't see Australians use CIA as a nickname.

Andrea_Lee_Bio.jpg

(i) it rhymes with her name, 'KGBee-Lee'
(ii) her boyf at the time thought she looked Russian so there was some kinda connection in his mind
(iii) it's the tradition to name yourself after badass killaz in fightsports, 'KGB' is a stronger/more original branding than just 'the assassin'.

She has that Russian Head/face look in her eyes
That’s actually where it comes from, her old teammates gave it to her. Apparently they were at a BJJ tournament once and a Russian guy was giving them trouble “why you call her KGB?” One of her teammates just got irritated and said, “Dude, because she looks Russian!” Apparently the dude looked at her, nodded his head and said “fair enough”

one of those weird mma stories that can’t help but be true, based on its weirdness

Dont mind the nickname, could do without the hammer and sickel. But isnt this the dumb bitch who wouldnt give up her abusive nazi boyfriend or whatever to the cops? If it is nothing stupid about her is surprising
I like Lee but yeah mate that was a tough one to swallow; I recall her explaining it being difficult since they had a kid together... but damn man dude was a former nazi member or something and I believe he assaulted or attempted to assault Lee before her teammate/roommate jumped in and called the police or something.

(i) it rhymes with her name, 'KGBee-Lee'
(ii) her boyf at the time thought she looked Russian so there was some kinda connection in his mind
(iii) it's the tradition to name yourself after badass killaz in fightsports, 'KGB' is a stronger/more original branding than just 'the assassin'.
Lol She could've been the 148th "Pitbull" or "Assassin" haha

man dude was a former nazi member or something
The issue started when some of Lee's fans noticed in a photograph that her husband had a swastika tattoo.on his forearm. Here's her husband's apology and explanation of it, followed by a comment by Lee herself.

Actually, I studied the histories of both the Nazi regime and of the Soviet Union extensively. That the Soviet Union murderer tens of millions of people is well documented. Read a book on the subject.

there are a lot of books written by propagandists on the subject, the CIA had spent (and still spends) a lot of money making up and spreading shit about the soviet union through books and films.
there were problems in the USSR, but to say it's comparable in any way to nazi germany is ahistoric, right-wing nonsense.

To be fair, that's a pretty weird nickname and image to choose when you have zero connection with the Soviet Union (or even if you do). I mean, Shogun doesn't wear Japanese flag and symbols and we don't see Australians use CIA as a nickname.

Andrea_Lee_Bio.jpg
Karaoke Gay Bar

Back