BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Just announced on the weigh in show

UYVsbP2.gif

Damn I like him because he trains with DDS

If you can't even stand up man just call it

Extreme weight cutting is a problem for MMA. It's not just dangerous moments like this, but in every fight, we have fighters who just put themselves through hell and their performance suffers because of it.
I'd prefer them just miss weight by a couple of pounds than show up like this, this is disturbing to see

There's an obvious solution but the problem isn't big enough or financially motivating enough for the UFC to actually do something about it.

Damn man.

Something needs to be done about these extreme cutting issues.

Its gonna take someone getting really hurt or killed for them to do something unfortunately.

Which is what?

Someone like what One does in theory. The problem with One is they keep their process secret, presumably so they can control the matchups and do shady shit behind the scenes. The UFC doesn't have the incentive to do hydration testing and it would cause more problems for them than it would solve. At least until someone dies of dehydration and they are forced to do something.

Someone like what One does in theory. The problem with One is they keep their process secret, presumably so they can control the matchups and do shady shit behind the scenes. The UFC doesn't have the incentive to do hydration testing and it would cause more problems for them than it would solve. At least until someone dies of dehydration and they are forced to do something.
Yeah exactly haha, to me there isn't a perfect solution, more weight classes would help a lot, but the whole hydration testing thing seems sketchy to me. Tough to know when it hasn't been done openly.

This guy is 3-3 idk how he’s even in the UFC lol. Especially considering he wasn’t even impressive when he fought in Bellator.

Yeah exactly haha, to me there isn't a perfect solution, more weight classes would help a lot, but the whole hydration testing thing seems sketchy to me. Tough to know when it hasn't been done openly.

It would be a solution but there's no financial incentive for the UFC to do it. Whatever fights they lose to a bad weight cut they would probably lose even more due to failed hydration tests. It would hurt their ability to make matches. There would also be the cost associated with testing everyone. There's just not enough outcry for them to take on all the problems it would cause for them.

At what point is the commission allowing him to even step on the scale. The back area has countless commission members and physicians floating. Not to mention some pre weigh in checks. Some of these camps must really hide the fact their fighters are struggling back stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back