Media The Best Control grapplers in the UFC - held Control positions over 97% of grappling time

Top control is usually cool as long as it’s not lay-n-pray aka “getting dudes pregnant” - Mittrione

Is this the .5% where Gillespie didn't have control?

DiscreteFoolhardyEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

Statistics can be deceiving.
Obviously Khabib features in everyone’s list.
But without paying any attention to the figures, and taking into account that maintaining a high percent in top position does not equal a great top game, these are the current fighters whom stand out to me:

Rani Yahya
Michael Chiesa
Charles Oliveira
Maia
Kron
Islam
Jon Jones
Jacare
Luke Rockhold

That was the best part of rocckholds game, his grappling and especially his top control is really underrated!

Statistics can be deceiving.
Obviously Khabib features in everyone’s list.
But without paying any attention to the figures, and taking into account that maintaining a high percent in top position does not equal a great top game, these are the current fighters whom stand out to me:

Rani Yahya
Michael Chiesa
Charles Oliveira
Maia
Kron
Islam
Jon Jones
Jacare
Luke Rockhold
I agree, stats can be misleading. It's just by the numbers. The numbers don't tell the full story. I agree, it's somewhat noisy data.

Cool stat but another fairly irrelevant set of numbers.
I respect Dvalashvili’s takedown ability, but the truth of the matter is that if he was a better grappler once it hit the ground he wouldn’t need most of those takedowns.
Exactly, no surprise Karo Parisyan has 38, 80% of every Judo Throw has too much momentum and your opponent just rolls through lol

I agree, stats can be misleading. It's just by the numbers. The numbers don't tell the full story. I agree, it's somewhat noisy data.
Definitely,
I want to see the numbers for the guy with the least takedowns but the most finishes on the ground, be it submission or Gnp tko. That’s the fighter who should be most feared, not the guy who basically lets people back up only to take them down again.
Although that would probably be Damien Maia or someone mid level like Brandon Allen.

Can someone please enlighten me on why I can't quote and the quote tab is gone? Have I gotten a yellow card or something?

Exactly, no surprise Karo Parisyan has 38, 80% of every Judo Throw has too much momentum and your opponent just rolls through lol
God dammit Rik we keep agreeing on everything.
You sure you aren’t a low key Diaz fanboy? It’s literally the only thing that doesn’t add up about you lately I swear..

Back