News Zarah Fairn misses weight by 11 pounds

upload_2021-4-16_13-25-59.png

capture-png.847886

200.gif

View attachment 847886

<{you!}>

Somehow this fight isn't canceled. Didn't someone miss weight by like 3 pounds last week and it was canceled?
you get the option to turn the fight down if your opponent misses weight by less than 10lbs. At 10 or more the fight is automatically cancelled by the commission (depending on the state). In this case she missed it by 10lbs because you get one kb allowance for clothes, etc. I’ve heard of commissions fudging a 10lb Miss down to 9.9 so that the opponent has the opportunity to say yes I’d they’d like to.

a smart camp asks for more than the 20% of the purse and implements a rehydration clause in the new contract.

you get the option to turn the fight down if your opponent misses weight by less than 10lbs. At 10 or more the fight is automatically cancelled by the commission (depending on the state). In this case she missed it by 10lbs because you get one kb allowance for clothes, etc. I’ve heard of commissions fudging a 10lb Miss down to 9.9 so that the opponent has the opportunity to say yes I’d they’d like to.

a smart camp asks for more than the 20% of the purse and implements a rehydration clause in the new contract.

Math doesnt add up...she missed by 8 pounds (139 catchweight), what makes it dumb is that her rival did 136 when it was a catchweight fight at 139, so she could had been even 140lbs and it was ok, LOL.

NY cancels fights if they are 7 lbs or more apart from each other, no idea how a fight when it was 3lbs got canceled and this one is still on.

I still don’t get it. Apparently they changed it from BW to a CW 139 fight immediately before the weigh ins?? How is that fair to the girl that made BW weight?

And Zarah was still 7-8 lbs over that weight? And a fight last card was cancelled because of a 2.5 lbs miss?

This is some shady wild west shit. Why bother having any rules at all if they can just be changed on a whim?

I still don’t get it. Apparently they changed it from BW to a CW 139 fight immediately before the weigh ins?? How is that fair to the girl that made BW weight?

And Zarah was still 7-8 lbs over that weight? And a fight last card was cancelled because of a 2.5 lbs miss

The commission cancelled that fight, because Dumont had missed weight for her previous fight too under their rules. It was also just a really bad match-up, a woman who can't make bantamweight, against a career long flyweight moving up on short notice. They'd be two weight classes apart inside the cage.

Back