Cejduo vs O'malley

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I still want to see this fight. Who wins? How and why?

135.. Cejudo vs Yan, vs Cody
145.. Cejudo vs Volk, vs Emmett
Shits and giggles.. Cejudo vs Gregor
135.. O'malley vs Sandhagen
145.. O'malley vs Zabit
Shits and giggles.. O'malley vs Ferguson

HC can kick hard and wrestle. Seems like it could be a bad matchup for SO. I would enjoy seeing it though. Both are guys it would be interesting to see against a top contender. We really only saw HC in one BW fight and he had issues until Marlon gassed.

HC can kick hard and wrestle. Seems like it could be a bad matchup for SO. I would enjoy seeing it though. Both are guys it would be interesting to see against a top contender. We really only saw HC in one BW fight and he had issues until Marlon gassed.
Two fights, Moraes and Cruz. But the Marlon Moraes win hasn't aged well and that was Cruz coming back on short notice after a very long layoff due to injuries. I still have Cejudo winning rather comfortably, probably finishing O'Malley in the later rounds, but It would be fun to see the height difference in a fight between Cejudo and O'Malley.

Only one? So he dropped back to FlW after that?

Two fights, Moraes and Cruz. But the Marlon Moraes win hasn't aged well and that was Cruz coming back on short notice after a very long layoff due to injuries. I still have Cejudo winning rather comfortably, probably finishing O'Malley in the later rounds, but It would be fun to see the height difference in a fight between Cejudo and O'Malley.

Ah, you’re right. I agree with your thoughts — I would favor HC but think that physically it’s an intriguing matchup. I think the people predicting a total Henry wipeout are underestimating O’Malley. Other than the Chito leg kick, O’Malley has outclassed and clowned everyone he’s faced since returning from injury. He is a long sniper with pretty good power. I think if he faced the entire top ten right now he’d knock a few of them out. What remains to be seen is a how he holds up defensively.

Only one? So he dropped back to FlW after that?

Someone corrected me, I forgot Cruz. HC looked very good in that fight, even though Cruz is probably only top fifteen at this point. Regardless, I think the point stands that he’s still somewhat of an unknown commodity at bantam. Would he beat everyone? Would he lose against the entire top five and be in for a dogfight with Jimmie Rivera? I think both possibilities are on the table.

I’m kind of surprised CCC doesn’t have a fight lined up. That retirement seemed to be more of a contract negotiation then an actual retirement. Maybe Dana is trying to make an example out of him so other fighters don’t try the same thing.

O'Malley is carted out of the octagon on a stretcher, he develops a glass chin, and he was never Dana's friend.

Lol Cejudo would destroy him. Cejudo can box, wrestle and has never shown signs of a weak chin

Cejduo is the new version of Cejudo? Then, O'Malley got no chance.

Back