Are Title Defence Justice Warriors in the MMA community ruining the discourse around UFC champions

TitleDefJusticeWarrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Note to the mods before getting to the topic on hand: STOP BURYING MY THREADS YOU DINGBATS! Okay some of the more jokie ones, whatever I'll take that on the chin, but the most interesting topic discussions this forum probably has seen in some time, they STILL get buried. Do me a favour and stop abusing your powers and let me steer the ship of trying to improve the embarrassing MMA fandom. Thank you.

Now back on topic. How the number of title defences became the SOLE metric for determining the quality of a fighter is just fucking laughable and the hubris of extremely unintelligent individuals. Lets say HYPOTHETICALLY, there's a fighter who fights all the top fighters and beats them all, but always denies himself a title shot but anyone who has ever fought or has had the title, he has beaten in a non title fight. So he has a grand total of 0 titles and 0 title defences yet has defeated everyone who has been a contender or has held the title during his time period. Now do you see how much of an IDIOT you are? Titles and title defences are like unicorns, they're just made up words and figments of your imagination. Whats tangibly real is the FIGHT ITSELF. You think Godzilla and King Kong was over a UFC title or a title defence? WHO CARES!!!! Let those dudes go at it and film it and release it in cinemas. Title defences mean JACK SHIT. So henceforth, KHABIB GOAT! Deal with it.

Do not be a Title Defence Justice Warrior. Thank you for your time.

Looks like a troll account making a troll thread to make Khabib looked bad. Just another day at the office. #rentfree

Which begs the question:

Is TS being a non title defense justice warrior?

Title defenses are always going to be one of the major metrics employed by people when determining all-time greats. Deal with it. :cool:

Sorry TS.. Mods are right.

D1Z3mIR.jpg

Looks like a troll account making a troll thread to make Khabib looked bad. Just another day at the office. #rentfree
Gotta love it when even the nut huggers are fighting or misunderstanding each other. Wonder if this used to happen to the Conor dick riders too?

Horrible thread. Unless you are 10 years old. Then not bad.

Title defenses are always going to be one of the major metrics employed by people when determining all-time greats. Deal with it. :cool:

I just laid out in a hypothetical why thats a moronic thing to hold. How about you try and argue against it? HOW ABOUT DAT!!! Cos right now Im winning the argument.

I'm always thinking about the titles and title defences.

I also watch MMA fights just to watch MMA fights. For example, I had fun watching Marvin eliminate Kevin recently.

However, the entire idea of titles and title defences make MMA fights that much more interesting to me.

I'm always thinking about the titles and title defences.

I also watch MMA fights just to watch MMA fights. For example, I had fun watching Marvin eliminate Kevin recently.

However, the entire idea of titles and title defences make MMA fights that much more interesting to me.

Sure, but there is no inherent superiority of a title fight or title defence but instead THE FIGHTERS THEMSELVES! Hence why LFA champion means jack shit and a 50/50 chance you are still a can. You see what I'm trying to say?

Also why everyone makes fun of Mighty Mouse cos of his lack of competition. Those title defences mean nothing if they were against low rent opposition.

Back