Is this a TD or a KD?

Xoleth

You're only winning if someone is losing.
@Black
Reaction score
Or something else?

pBH5su1.gif

<Fedor23>

I mean hit fell from being hit sooooooo tk by leg kicks.

Or something else?

pBH5su1.gif

<Fedor23>
It's off a kick so it isn't really a trip, it is a knockdown off a kick but wouldn't be scored a knockdown in striking sports. So I guess it's a mix between a kick/trip. Kick has to be strong enough to kick their base out compared to a trip where you force their weight to go over your leg.

but wouldn't be scored a knockdown in striking sports..

Why?

We have (T)KOs by leg kicks
giphy.gif

Edson+Barboza+Leg+Kicks+Rafaello+Oliveira+-+UFC+162.gif

Why not KD by leg kicks?

A knockdown occurs when a fighter touches the floor of the ring with any part of the body other than the feet following a hit, but is able to rise back up and continue fighting

Why?

giphy.gif

Why not KD by leg kicks?

A knockdown occurs when a fighter touches the floor of the ring with any part of the body other than the feet following a hit, but is able to rise back up and continue fighting
I feel you on that, but for some reason that's not how they judge/score it. In kickboxing/muay thai they don't count it as a knockdown. They just restart it and stand you up.

Why?

giphy.gif

Why not KD by leg kicks?

I know they hurt like how, but I love how the dude in the first clip is sprawled out like he took an Ngannou uppercut. Lol. Is that Hardonk kicking there?

I wouldn't argue with someone who called it a knockdown. I wouldn’t argue with someone who called it a sweep either. It’s most certainly not a takedown.

It’s all semantics anyway. It’s not like wrestling where a takedown wants you exactly 2 points.

Back