Why do people support Israel Adesanya?

Misanthropist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
There are quite a lot of Adesanya supporters in here and elsewhere which got me wondering what do they see in him? I can’t think of anything positive about him and the way I see it, he is easily the top 5 most cringiest and unbearable fighter in the UFC.

So, help me understand Adesanya supporters, what do you see in him?

He's a good fighter and he's entertaining most of the times, that's about it in my opinion.
I also fail to see what his fans see in him apart form his fighting skills. The guy isn't particularly great with a mic, he doesn't sound very intelligent or wise, he doesn't have a lot of charisma, he comes out as "childish" with his manga shit, he looks a little bit like a "try hard" sometimes (his dance contest with Romero for example), he grows tits out of nowhere. I don't know man... I mean, Ronda Rousey had fans too despite being a shit person so go figure... I think many MMA fans just want to follow the hype, to be part of "something", and Adesanya receives a lot of hype these days. If a new guy comes to the UFC in 2 years and beats the crap out of Izzy, these same fans will jump on the new bandwagon, and all of a sudden we'll start to read, from them, that "Israel was never that good". The same shit repeats over and over again on Sherdog.

Last edited:
There are quite a lot of Adesanya supporters in here and elsewhere which got me wondering what do they see in him? I can’t think of anything positive about him and the way I see it, he is easily the top 5 most cringiest and unbearable fighter in the UFC.

So, help me understand Adesanya supporters, what do you see in him?
great striker, fun to watch in the cage. He's cringe but why the fuck would I give a shit about that? He's a nerd. I just don't like listening to his interviews so I skip them but I think he's alright lad.

He's a good fighter, that's about it in my opinion. I also fail to see what his fans see in him apart form his fighting skills. The guy isn't particularly great with a mic, he doesn't sound very intelligent or wise, he doesn't have a lot of charisma, he comes out as "childish" with his manga shit, he looks a little bit like a "try hard" sometimes (his dance contest with Romero for example), he grows tits out of nowhere. I don't know man... I mean, Ronda Rousey had fans too despite being a shit person so go figure... I think many MMA fans just want to follow the hype, to be part of "something", and Adesanya receives a lot of hype these days. If a new guy comes to the UFC in 2 years and beats the crap out of Izzy, these same fans will jump on the new bandwagon, and all of a sudden we'll start to read, from them, that "Israel was never that good". The same shit repeats over and over again on Sherdog.
I think most people are where you're at.(about him being a good fighter) Its where I'm at. Izzy hasn't crossed over yet. the UFC has put a lot behind him to try to make him cross over, but he just hasn't. He's internet famous right now, but he's not bringing dollars like Khabib and Conor are. Hell, he will be passed up by khamzat if khamzat returns and keep the hype train going.

Ok. There are two basic level of support.

1. Is the admiration of the athlete's abilities and achievements
2. Is the admiration of the "personality"

A large number of people really enjoy seeing him fight. Just a hunch

as a fighter he's one of the most exciting one in the UFC, except for the Romero fight

as a person, he's a true late millenial. awkward as fuck. some ppl can relate to that, others hate it
I dont relate to it,but I dont hate him for it. He cant help come from a different time than me. You gonna get some weird cats that come into this game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back