Anderson would have beat Weidman in the first fight had he not acted a fool

hbombfromhell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was clowning to the point where it was plain stupid and reckless.

Much worse than any of the clowning he had done previously aside for Thales Leites, but even that was not as reckless.

He would have won that fight easily and extended the streak longer if he had his head together, but he seemed to lose it at times in his career. By the time he fought Weidman the second time he looked a little broken psychologically and broke himself physically as well, and was too old to come back from an injury that serious, not to mention those losses.

silva.gif

I disagree. He was clowning BECAUSE he was not having success in the exchanges and he was getting desperate.

He was trying to get Weidman to make a mistake or over extend and Chris did a very good job of staying disciplined and technical.

If you have some video you have analyzed showing how Anderson was having success and how that would have lead to a win, by all means, bring it forward.

What year is this again?

Anderson lost cos Wediman was better than him,both times.

he was doing all that clownin around cos he was trying to con his way back into the fight.

He used clowning throughout his title reign to open opportunities in the striking. Also, it has to be hard to stay focused when you are destroying everyone. He made a choice in that fight, and it cost him his title. Shit happens.

He actually could've won. After getting up from the initial takedown and scramble to the knockout, Silva was controlling the fight and stuffed all the takedowns. Teh Chris was getting tired, and Anderson's leg kicks were doing serious damage. Weidman realized this weakness and trained to check leg kicks for the second fight, and well, we all know how that went for Silva

But then again, for Anderson it's live by clowning, die by clowning
tumblr_nbinad8iqI1ry1rm7o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Anderson if nothing else,is a MASTER of deception. He almost DID con his way back into the fight he was losing,but it didnt work ultimatley.

Weidman GOAT, right folks?

Just remember, when a long reigning champion loses decisively to a guy two times and you start calling the younger guy who won the GOAT of that division, just STFU and bask in the glory of the "Weidman GOAT" threads and posts years later.

And I actually like teh Chris. He's my boy.

I disagree. Anderson actually seemed kind of checked-out in the leadup to that fight. Talking about retirement and stuff. I don’t think he still had the hunger to win and was content to be silly. He wasn’t even bothered afterward that he’d lost, and I think would have been perfectly happy just walking away had Dana not thrown a bunch of money at him and forced him to do that cringey, insincere “I back” promo.

Back