Thai Max?

Bad Karate

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Many fans are rightfully talking about who the best boxer in the UFC is after Max's performance.
(The obvious answer is Conor btw)

What i have not seen many people talking about is Max's THAI boxing! Max was throwing beautiful spinning back kicks to the body, leg kicks, standing elbows, intercept knees to the body. He has been in so many great fights we forget he is not even in his prime yet!

I seen some sherbros saying he should RETIRE if he lost to Kattar. (Cringe)

Max is still getting better at a rapid rate. Would anybody disagree he looked way better the 2nd Volk fight then in the 1st? Now he fights a hard hitting very talented boxer in Kattar and not only does he look better then ever with his hands, he is comfortable enough to throw new techniques and land them hard.

By the time its all said and done Max might be the greatest small fighter in MMA history. He might be finishing flying arm bars on guys in 3 years.

#Blessed

None of them have competed in boxing, Mcgregor has an amateur style. Do you realise what Nate Diaz would do to Mcgregor in a 12 round boxing bout? I'll give you a clue - it doesn't go past 8 and that's being generous.

These boxer threads are dumb asf none of them are boxers. Poirier would also stop Mcgregor in a 12 round boxing bout - I could name a few.

But Mcgregor has the best timing and accuracy yes, his timing and accuracy is world class and better than many high level pro boxers, but it comes at a cost which is which he isn't a professional boxer.

None of them have competed in boxing, Mcgregor has an amateur style. Do you realise what Nate Diaz would do to Mcgregor in a 12 round boxing bout? I'll give you a clue - it doesn't go past 8 and that's being generous.

These boxer threads are dumb asf none of them are boxers. Poirier would also stop Mcgregor in a 12 round boxing bout - I could name a few.

But Mcgregor has the best timing and accuracy yes, his timing and accuracy is world class and better than many high level pro boxers, but it comes at a cost which is which he isn't a professional boxer.
Is this a boxing thread?

Your opening statement was literally Conor Mcgregor is the best boxer in the UFC and discussing Holloway's boxing lol.

giphy.gif

this is mma not some limited rules contest boxing session with pillows on their hands. any boxer wouldnt last 5 minutes in a real fight.guys in mma are the closest to being in a real fight with 4oz gloves... you cant just replicate what boxers do with pillows on their hands... nobody cares about boxing besides boomers anyway,mma boxing applies in this case which is way harder considering the stakes...
my point is that mma boxing is way harder then boxing with 16oz gloves and both are different I would like to see these pro boxers do something with 4oz gloves
point being the risk is higher in mma then boxing when throwing you've to take into consideration clinching/takedowns/elbows/knees/spinning shit etc... in pure boxing you only need to care about 1 thing only hence better technique,dodges etc... but mma boxing mixed with everything else > boxing anyday

Last edited:
Max used to throw more kicks, he brang them back for this fight. The spinning back kick is one of his signature moves. I can't recall him throwing too many elbows before this fight tho.
And that knee to the body looked clean as fuck! Reminded me of prime Machida, I almost shed a tear

And that knee to the body looked clean as fuck! Reminded me of prime Machida, I almost shed a tear
Maybe I don't know what I'm watching but I feel like he had no business losing to Volkanovski. His intensity wasn't there like it was against Kattar, Aldo, Ortega etc.. I hope he'll continue fighting like that.

Max lost the belt from leg kicks basically. Not exactly a candidate for best Thai boxer.

Max is a great Kickboxer. He got away from it for a while there in his career and mainly only boxed, but he's clearly got back to his roots in his last few fights. I'm happy for the guy even though he absolutely schooled my local guy in Kattar.

Yeah he jumped up 4 weights to fight Poirier in this fight. Poirier has a good 40lbs on him.

Maybe I don't know what I'm watching but I feel like he had no business losing to Volkanovski. His intensity wasn't there like it was against Kattar, Aldo, Ortega etc.. I hope he'll continue fighting like that.

You can't do that against volkanovski. Max builds from his jab. Volk counters his jab with leg kick. Max likes to volume strike, but Volkanovski counters max before max can get his combos off and then volk exits the pocket. That's not even mentioned the threat of the takedown that is always looming. Volkanovski is a very complicated fighter to prepare for.

Max is a great Kickboxer. He got away from it for a while there in his career and mainly only boxed, but he's clearly got back to his roots in his last few fights. I'm happy for the guy even though he absolutely schooled my local guy in Kattar.
Kattar made a lot of fans that fight, what a fucking warrior! If anything his stock will rise after this fight. Kattar isn't going anywhere.

Kattar made a lot of fans that fight, what a fucking warrior! If anything his stock will rise after this fight. Kattar isn't going anywhere.

It's times like this where I wish MMA was like the movies and Kattar would ask Max and his coaches to take him in and teach him how they kicked his ass lol. I agree kattar will be back with a vengeance, but he's got some issues to work on for sure.

this is mma not some limited rules contest boxing session with pillows on their hands. any boxer wouldnt last 5 minutes in a real fight.guys in mma are the closest to being in a real fight with 4oz gloves... you cant just replicate what boxers do with pillows on their hands... nobody cares about boxing besides boomers anyway,mma boxing applies in this case which is way harder considering the stakes...
my point is that mma boxing is way harder then boxing with 16oz gloves and both are different I would like to see these pro boxers do something with 4oz gloves
point being the risk is higher in mma then boxing when throwing you've to take into consideration clinching/takedowns/elbows/knees/spinning shit etc... in pure boxing you only need to care about 1 thing only hence better technique,dodges etc... but mma boxing mixed with everything else > boxing anyday
They don't box in 16 oz gloves. We are talking about boxing skill set and not just boxing in mma. The fights being talked about are mostly mma boxing matches that's why it's easy to gauge the boxing skillset. Elite level boxing is just on another level than mma boxing. The cross over fights need to happen so fighters can improve their boxing once they get the experience of fighting elite level boxers. That level of competition just isn't going to be found in mma boxing. Very few UFC fighters can transition over to pure boxing. The UFC fighters that have high level boxing are scattered in different weight classes and they are far and few between.

Back