True or False: Jon Jones will have another loss on his record before he retires

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I say true and I think it happens against either izzy or Francis. I think izzy is a better striker but Jon is a better "BJJ guy" as max kellerman once said. If Jon gets him down, its possibly over. I think Francis can't beat him skill for skill but if francis touches his chin at heavyweight, it might be night night. Jon has a good chin, so It's an enhanced puncher's chance, but still punchers chance.

Sorry, Bony I'm not.

Last edited:
It's damn near impossible to tell when a top fighter will retire these days. He could very well retire if he wins his next fight.

Cejudo retiring came as a complete suprise to me. Khabibs too. His retirement made sense when he explained it though. I guess i got caught up in all the 30-0 stuff.

Just depends. I think his idea is to win the HW title and retire, which he’s more than capable of accomplishing.

I say true and I think it happens against either izzy or Francis. I think izzy is a better striker but Jon is a better "BJJ guy" as max kellerman once said. If Jon gets him down, its possibly over. I think Francis can't beat him skill for skill but if francis touches his chin at heavyweight, it might be night night. Jon has a good chin, so It's an enhanced puncher's chance, but still punchers chance.
Ngannou's punch isn't an ordinary punch either.

Probably. His wrestling has gone from best in the division to pretty crappy in the last couple years, and guys who can strike at distance are a real problem for him.

you either die undefeated or you live long enough to see yourself to lose

Just depends. I think his idea is to win the HW title and retire, which he’s more than capable of accomplishing.
If izzy face Jan and beats Jan, Do you think there's a chance he comes back down and tries to reclaim the LHW title? its a super fight? Unless izzy wants to move up to HW

I'm already not sure he will ever fight again.
On the other hand, the only thing that we can count on is that Jon is not the smartest guy in the world, so he will need to earn more money for all the troubles he is getting himself into. Which means few more fights. Not because he wants them, but because he will need them.

Another loss? A loss perhaps
I phrased it like that for the smart asses that was going to say "he already has a loss on his record"

Reactions: JKS
True.

he is naturally declining

Extremely rare for fighters to retire on top. GSP came back & it is too soon to say Khabib will stay away

I think it is more likely that a washed Jones is getting g beat up for a few dollars at age 40 vs. retiring without a loss

that’s the fight business 99% of the time

If izzy face Jan and beats Jan, Do you think there's a chance he comes back down and tries to reclaim the LHW title? its a super fight? Unless izzy wants to move up to HW
I’d hope Jon would have had a fight by the time this could come to fruition. Id favor Jon over Izzy or Ngannou for sure. Stipe is a rough fight, but I think Jones beats him as well.

Do I think he goes through all 3 at this stage of his career without a loss? Probably not. 25 yr old Jones? Definitely.

I phrased it like that for the smart asses that was going to say "he already has a loss on his record"
How do you not count that as a loss. All the sherdoggers who insist it's the ref and the judges who decide fights and now you want to overrule the ref for your convenience. It's a loss because it's on his record. Fighters only use PED's when they are caught etc....

I think he beats francis and surprises alot of people lol...

Francis is a sloppy one trick pony...and with jones your talking about one of the greatest tacticians the game has ever seen without being hindered by a weight cut...and eating whatever he wants

240lbs jones > Francis "dada 9000" Ngannou

Izzy is interesting fight...but who says izzy at HW is the same as Izzy at 205...

Once Jones goes up especially the way hes doing it slow and impactful...hes not gunna make 205 again...

Id call that fight close to even at 205 but at HW jones will be too much i think for israel ... Jones frame dwarfs Izzy

I think he beats francis and surprises alot of people lol...

Francis is a sloppy one trick pony...and with jones your talking about one of the greatest tacticians the game has ever seen without being hindered by a weight cut...and eating whatever he wants

240lbs jones > Francis "dada 9000" Ngannou

Izzy is interesting fight...but who says izzy at HW is the same as Izzy at 205...

Once Jones goes up especially the way hes doing it slow and impactful...hes not gunna make 205 again...

Id call that fight close to even at 205 but at HW jones will be too much i think for israel ... Jones frame dwarfs Izzy
I'd favor Jones too but Francis can never count out due to the punching power. I give him an enhanced punchers chance. He's skillset is sloppy so he may not be able to touch jones. at all. Jones might be able to teep kick him and use his wingspan to keep this guy at distance.

Back