True or False: Jon Jones will have another loss on his record before he retires

I think he beats francis and surprises alot of people lol...

Francis is a sloppy one trick pony...and with jones your talking about one of the greatest tacticians the game has ever seen without being hindered by a weight cut...and eating whatever he wants

240lbs jones > Francis "dada 9000" Ngannou

Izzy is interesting fight...but who says izzy at HW is the same as Izzy at 205...

Once Jones goes up especially the way hes doing it slow and impactful...hes not gunna make 205 again...

Id call that fight close to even at 205 but at HW jones will be too much i think for israel ... Jones frame dwarfs Izzy
I think if the fight was to happen, it'd definitely be at LHW

The perfect setup would be Izzy beating Jan, then Jones beating the winner of Stipe - Francis. HW champ vs LHW/MW champ

He may not even fight again. He vacated LHW to avoid losing his next fight and he doesn't yet seem very eager to fight at HW.

This could also explain why he got so salty over losing the current p4p spot...now he feels he can't retire as #1

I'd favor Jones too but Francis can never count out due to the punching power. I give him an enhanced punchers chance. He's skillset is sloppy so he may not be able to touch jones. at all. Jones might be able to teep kick him and use his wingspan to keep this guy at distance.

There reach similar..but francis is just a bull in a china shop he just crashes forward..

Jones likes controling range with movement and oblique kicks the shit out of nagannou rushing in and once his legs all jacked up like santos was...jones starts turning up the pace in rounds 3 ,4,5 and likely stops or 49-46 him.on cards..naganou probably takes round 1

I think if the fight was to happen, it'd definitely be at LHW

The perfect setup would be Izzy beating Jan, then Jones beating the winner of Stipe - Francis. HW champ vs LHW/MW champ

Wont happen...id say 10% chance..

Jones will be a full fledge HW by then...hes not cutting back thats why he gave up the title..and jones being jones likely says if u want me come to HW

I say true and I think it happens against either izzy or Francis. I think izzy is a better striker but Jon is a better "BJJ guy" as max kellerman once said. If Jon gets him down, its possibly over. I think Francis can't beat him skill for skill but if francis touches his chin at heavyweight, it might be night night. Jon has a good chin, so It's an enhanced puncher's chance, but still punchers chance.
Stylistically if someone's gonna beat him, it will be Izzy down the road imo.

I don't personally think there's a HW he loses to.

It's going to need to be someone with an age advantage.

I think he beats francis and surprises alot of people lol...

Francis is a sloppy one trick pony...and with jones your talking about one of the greatest tacticians the game has ever seen without being hindered by a weight cut...and eating whatever he wants

240lbs jones > Francis "dada 9000" Ngannou

Izzy is interesting fight...but who says izzy at HW is the same as Izzy at 205...

Once Jones goes up especially the way hes doing it slow and impactful...hes not gunna make 205 again...

Id call that fight close to even at 205 but at HW jones will be too much i think for israel ... Jones frame dwarfs Izzy
I agree. Although Ngannou's boxing has looked to be improving recently (shadowboxing). He's obviously taking it seriously. But he still remains a one dimensional fighter who threatens only with his hands.

To beat Jones, you need many weapons.

True.

he is naturally declining

Extremely rare for fighters to retire on top. GSP came back & it is too soon to say Khabib will stay away

I think it is more likely that a washed Jones is getting g beat up for a few dollars at age 40 vs. retiring without a loss

that’s the fight business 99% of the time
I doubt it. Jones is like GSP. He's smart and does everything in his power to mitigate damage and preserve his longevity.

He's been making at least 5 mil a fight for quite a while now and seems pretty frugal for someone of his level of wealth. His brother is also on like a 90 mil contract.

Last guy who will come back at 40 imo.

There reach similar..but francis is just a bull in a china shop he just crashes forward..

Jones likes controling range with movement and oblique kicks the shit out of nagannou rushing in and once his legs all jacked up like santos was...jones starts turning up the pace in rounds 3 ,4,5 and likely stops or 49-46 him.on cards..naganou probably takes round 1
damn didn't know that. I knew struve and jon had the same reach. I didn't know ngannou's was just an inch shorter. Hm, interesting.

Yes, he will lose, but to neither of those guys....Francis aint that good. Killer punch will defeat a lot of guys because a lot of guys are also not that good....he beat up 2nd tier heavyweights, some past their prime....he is dangerous but not skilled...Jones will eat him alive...take him down and smesh-smesh. Adesnaya? Too small. He has the skill but Jones will wrestle him. Actually, Jones needs to get back to fighting and stop with the counter punching....he is an elite wrestler, he should copy Khabib and use wrestling to smesh.

false, I mean, he will probably lose, he already did at least once (twice for me because I gave the first fight to Gus) but still false because the judges will keep giving him decisions he doesn't deserve.

when’s the last time Jon had a finish? When has ngannou ever been finished? Jon has a chance sure, but he’s not a lock. Francis is a live dog now. I’m sure he has improved his TDD, and that’s probably why Stipe doesn’t want another go with him.

He should have lost to Reyes, and i think HW will be harder for him.

when’s the last time Jon had a finish? When has ngannou ever been finished? Jon has a chance sure, but he’s not a lock. Francis is a live dog now. I’m sure he has improved his TDD, and that’s probably why Stipe doesn’t want another go with him.

Im not impressed by Nagannou i see alot of holes and a lack of over MMA skill..he just hasnt faced anyone on Stipe or Jones level since his first loss...

Nagnnou had enough power to always have a chance to win...but skill for skill him and jones are not close

I agree. Although Ngannou's boxing has looked to be improving recently (shadowboxing). He's obviously taking it seriously. But he still remains a one dimensional fighter who threatens only with his hands.

To beat Jones, you need many weapons.

Not to mention the gameplans Jones comes with and sticks too...he has 100% faith in his gameplans so hes gunna have a tactical advantage over a guys whos only move is to crash the net swinging

Back