asdfdsafdsa

Seem like pretty good friends to me

Obviously they have known eachother for ages and get along decently. However I think it gets annoying for Mendez to not be able to understand what is being said around him whenever he trains Khabib. His crew barely speaks English. I also don't think Mendez corners anyone except Khabib(might be wrong on this) even though his crew went to AKA with Khabib for years.

I think fighters also know Mendez isn't really a coach/not high level b/c you don't see any real prospects or fighters wanting to be coached by him unlike Firas Zahabi, Kavanagh etc.

Also there is a reason Rockhold went from AKA to Henri Hooft as a striking coach(atleast for a while idk what he's doing now).

You really haven’t noticed khabibs gradual improvement in striking???

Javier is one of the best things to happen to Khabib. He actually helped complete him as a fighter. Before Mendez Khabibs striking was non existent and he defaulted to his grappling

Dont ever become a mma coach bro lol

You really haven’t noticed khabibs gradual improvement in striking???

Javier is one of the best things to happen to Khabib. He actually helped complete him as a fighter. Before Mendez Khabibs striking was non existent and he defaulted to his grappling

Dont ever become an mma coach bro lol
I'm not saying he did nothing and also obviously Khabib has been training striking for years now I'm just saying it's mainly his own effort/teammates rather than Mendez

Javier has been entrusted as the corner man by Khabib himself. Trust me, if those Dagie’s didn’t think they needed him they wouldnt go through the trouble of hauling him around. He had Khabibs fathers blessing too, who the fuck else gonna get that?

WTF are you talking about. Did you see Khabib jab Al’s face off? His striking has improved every fight.

Javier has been entrusted as the corner man by Khabib himself. Trust me, if those Dagie’s didn’t think they needed him they wouldnt go through the trouble of hauling him around. He had Khabibs fathers blessing too, who the fuck else gonna get that?

WTF are you talking about. Did you see Khabib jab Al’s face off? His striking has improved every fight.
It's because Khabib values loyalty.

I'm not saying he did nothing and also obviously Khabib has been training striking for years now I'm just saying it's mainly his own effort/teammates rather than Mendez

Well obviously Khabibs bread and butter is the wrestling which his dad trained him on but if you really think Javier has zero to do with Khabibs current success your tripping.

If khabib had no striking he would have lost to Conor easily.... Khabib has good enough striking to survive on the feet and set up his takedowns more easily because of Javier.

Before Javier Khabib had basic basic striking that would have been a liability against top UFC guys. He would have lost years ago. Khabib is actually a better striker than people give him credit for its very straightforward but effective and compliments/set ups his takedowns.

Theres a reason why Khabibs entire team is now training with Javier. You do realize Mendes was high level Kickboxer right? hes very legit. You dont coach all those fighters hes had to he champions by accident. He knows what hes doinG.

Last edited:
Sherdog is weird place.. YOU are not either guy and they have been together for many years. Why make such silly and ignorant but ppls relations

Obviously they have known eachother for ages and get along decently. However I think it gets annoying for Mendez to not be able to understand what is being said around him whenever he trains Khabib. His crew barely speaks English. I also don't think Mendez corners anyone except Khabib(might be wrong on this) even though his crew went to AKA with Khabib for years.

I think fighters also know Mendez isn't really a coach/not high level b/c you don't see any real prospects or fighters wanting to be coached by him unlike Firas Zahabi, Kavanagh etc.

Also there is a reason Rockhold went from AKA to Henri Hooft as a striking coach(atleast for a while idk what he's doing now).
It's funny that you make this thread because 2 days ago I say a piece that was airing on FightPass about Javier Mendez. And you couldn't be more wrong about him not coaching Khabib. He coaches him in a similar way his father did. It really showed what goes on in training rather than what you see in the vlogs.

It's because Khabib values loyalty.

He does

Javier knows his role. He knows Khabib has his own crew since a youth and a training regimen foriegn to AKA’s ways. He simply allows Khabib to work the grappling areas with his peoples and DC’s class and when its time to hit mitts and talk about striking concepts thats where he comes in.

Luke left cause of Lukes ego btw, he was a champ at AKA for crying out loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back