Did Scott Coker Just Get Lucky w Strikeforce?

I am starting to think he just got lucky fuck Bellator sucks so much, it's actually amazing how constantly boring it is

For someone who dislikes Bellator so much you sure like to make a lot of threads about them.

<seedat>

Scott loves you buddeh.

scott-coker.jpg

They keep trying to rebrand...first they were UFC lite...then they thought they could be a superfight org...now they are a weak european league on the worst sports network available.

They still have a great roster but between the 4 fight 2 hour main events...it was hard to not hate everything about it. Their pacing is TERRIBLE.

The success of Strikeforce is built off the failure of Elite XC and Shaw. Coker was just the wrong guy and the right time and was able to hold on till the Zuffa buyout. Strikeforce wouldnt have been able to put on the shows they did without co-promoting with Elite XC

Even if the events are boring, the talent in Bellator is comparable. I know if they merged today Bellator would have at least 6-7 fighters that would become UFC champ at some point in their career.

Strikeforce got hot for a couple of reasons. First off there were a lot of Pride fighters who were looking for a new home when the org folded. Some of them went to the UFC but a lot of the big names went to Strikeforce.

Second Strikeforce had Gina Carano and Cyborg and essentially put WMMA on the map.

So lucky it folded?

He is lucky Viacom is involved now, makes it much harder to fail.

Even if the events are boring, the talent in Bellator is comparable. I know if they merged today Bellator would have at least 6-7 fighters that would become UFC champ at some point in their career.
Really? Maybe the top 2 or 3 in most divisions would end up in the top 15 of UFC, but most of these guys and girls look barely above regional level. Also it feels like you're watching a sparring match I'd say 80% of the time in Bellator.

For someone who dislikes Bellator so much you sure like to make a lot of threads about them.

<seedat>

Scott loves you buddeh.

scott-coker.jpg

What a useless post. Maybe you should find better ways to spend your time than trying to annoy OPs. Congrats though, I guess it worked on me, but for reasons you probably didn't intend.

I know if they merged today Bellator would have at least 6-7 fighters that would become UFC champ at some point in their career.

Who? I see 6-7 fighters that could possibly get a title shot at some point. And Maybe some even win a title. But you KNOW 6 or 7 would become champs? There are only 7 weight classes lol. They have a decent roster, but they are not SF where they picked up all the Elite XC fighters. SF had what? 7 fighters who won a belt in the UFC (one being Ronda. The UFC didn't have a women's division)? You think fucking Bellator would match them?

Last edited:
UFC's Fox and ESPN deals hampered Bellator's ability to build a roster. The bigger sports networks demanded a lot more content. More shows bulked up the UFC's roster. With somewhere between 600-1000 of the top fighters tied up in the UFC Bellator just ended up with a few stars and whatever the could put together to fill in. There's a big skill gap between their average guy and their best guys. They ended up picking up the UFCs castoffs. Their cards are thinner.

The other X factor is that strikeforce focused on a single division. Their HW division was about as good as the UFCs. The whole org was good, but really not a lot better than Bellator. No one cared because they hand Fedor and Overeem.

Who? I see 6-7 fighters that could possibly get a title shot at some point. And Maybe some even win a title. But you KNOW 6 or 7 would become champs? There are only 7 weight classes lol
Bro he’s talking about Justin Wren who got bullied as a teen

Reactions: 613
What a useless post. Maybe you should find better ways to spend your time than trying to annoy OPs. Congrats though, I guess it worked on me, but for reasons you probably didn't intend.

Aw, the truth made you mad? You and OP can both cry me a river.

:kiss:

Scott Coker should thank god every evening that someone is willing to pay his bills. He is by far the worst promoter I ever saw in both MMA and boxing. I actually haven't seen him promoting anything, ever. His matchmaking is terrible too and his scouting team speaks for itself.

Scott Coker is a great promoter. Keep in mind, the UFC had a MASSIVE head start over Strikeforce during his entire tenure running it, and the same goes with Bellator. Coker could do everything right, and it still wouldn't change the power dynamic between the two. The only thing I see bringing Bellator or any other promotion to the UFC's level would be either a massive scandal involving the UFC, or if they pick up a transcendent star of their own that is willing to stay with them. Coker's talent as a promoter has little to do with it.

Bellator is a shitty name and the crap weekly cards dont help.

Strikeforce having its challenger series vs regular cards help distinguish the brands. The main Strikeforce cards were normally fairly stacked.

Hope Bellator turns things around cause they kinda suck.

Back