Why is UFC still doing Fight Island?

markys00

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I looked around, but found nothing...

Why is Ufc still doing Performance Center and Fight Island? I just checked and Bellator is doing shows in Connecticut, Italy, France, etc....

Have places lifted these bans already? If so, why is the UFC doing only those two locations? The whole point was that they wanted places to go and fight, now they can do it anywhere. I'm guessing its that sweet sweet oil money, eh?

Anyone interested to see if they start spreading out locations again?

Why is Ufc still doing Performance Center and Fight Island? I just checked and Bellator is doing shows in Connecticut, Italy, France, etc....

Have places lifted these bans already? If so, why is the UFC doing only those two locations? The whole point was that they wanted places to go and fight, now they can do it anywhere. I'm guessing its that sweet sweet oil money, eh?

Because they get free accommodations at and have a good deal worked out for the venue. It has to do with the owners feeling it attracts tourism.

It’s essentially a dream set up from what’s been described by the fighters, and it’s an international location. I’m not sure what the status of the travel ban is in the us, but it seems Card’s in the USA are still strictly US fighters, and I know originally fights island was the only opportunity for international fighters

It’s about the money! If the oil money keeps flowing then the ufc will stay around for a while

Because they get free accommodations at and have a good deal worked out for the venue. It has to do with the owners feeling it attracts tourism.

It’s essentially a dream set up from what’s been described by the fighters, and it’s an international location. I’m not sure what the status of the travel ban is in the us, but it seems Card’s in the USA are still strictly US fighters, and I know originally fights island was the only opportunity for international fighters
Did u read my post? Bellator is doing shows in various other countries now.

Which is utterly pointless if you can’t fill these arenas with fans.

The whole purpose of different locations is the gate money. No gate, then you run it in the Apex because you’ve got that figured out and on Fight Island for international fighters because you’ve got that figured out.

These are two bubbles we are talking about here. And at this time that is still the best and most responsible way of hosting sporting events. And they still have people pulling out of every event due to covid.

And I wouldn’t spend my money to be sitting in a crowd of irresponsible drunks at this point in time. I wouldn’t even attend a fully attended event for free. I value my health, and the health of my family higher than that.

because it's easier to get to UAE for people outside of the states

did you miss the part about free accomendations and safey for the fighters and staff?

And not just "free" accommodations, supposedly the highest ends of accommodations and services available on the planet earth FOR FREE.

Which is utterly pointless if you can’t fill these arenas with fans.

The whole purpose of different locations is the gate money. No gate, then you run it in the Apex because you’ve got that figured out and on Fight Island for international fighters because you’ve got that figured out.
I think we found the answer. money and logistics. i guess ufc is big enough that they dont need to travel at this point. they found a spot for international fighter and theyre good with it.

fair enough. case closed.

A few different reasons

1. Fight Island is one of safest places to hold fights because its closed off to public only for UFC. Shit ton of safety and testing measures.

2. The royal family is basically paying for everything because they like to associate with UFC get more tourism attention.

3. Internationally travel is still weird so not every fighter would be able to fight in states but most can do Fight Island.

Just makes a lot of sense

They did a bunch of events there before Rona as well.

Personally, I think the venue looks cool. A crowd of sultans and oil magnates is much better than cardboard cutout fans, or zoom fans

I believe there are still issues with people entering the US to fight.

Personally, I think the venue looks cool. A crowd of sultans and oil magnates is much better than cardboard cutout fans, or zoom fans

Ei9EDJiXcAIWXRs

That was actually pretty good (well imo).

Back