Why is UFC still doing Fight Island?

Which is utterly pointless if you can’t fill these arenas with fans.

The whole purpose of different locations is the gate money. No gate, then you run it in the Apex because you’ve got that figured out and on Fight Island for international fighters because you’ve got that figured out.

They can't bring everyone into the country to fight at the Apex center - hence the benefit of the UAE location.

It makes no sense for UFC to just stop doing what works when it took this much money and time to get it right. The foundation is built to do this for as long as they need.

I dont expect the US to be back to normal until early 2021 at the earliest. The rest of the world who knows. I would assume that the first UFC event not held in either Fight Island or the Apex will be July of 2021.

Because they don't want to be at the whim of the government... if they planned an event in Vegas they could get shut down the night before.

I looked around, but found nothing...

Why is Ufc still doing Performance Center and Fight Island? I just checked and Bellator is doing shows in Connecticut, Italy, France, etc....

Have places lifted these bans already? If so, why is the UFC doing only those two locations? The whole point was that they wanted places to go and fight, now they can do it anywhere. I'm guessing its that sweet sweet oil money, eh?

Anyone interested to see if they start spreading out locations again?

Also you melt.

I don’t know if you know how the world works but usually when you’re in the middle of a global pandemic with absolutely no indication how long it’s going to last, you might think Dana and Co booked in fight island long before other places re opened stadiums?
Just an idea

Did you read my post? UAE is making the venue fees, hotel costs, food, everything on the house, and is likely paying the ufc as well.
Yea this is correct the UAE is taking care of all costs. So why would the UFC put fights other places and then also have to pay more to do it. Remember 90% of the reason the UFC does anything is the money.

They couldn't get enough fighters into the states in time for UFC 253. The visa process has apparently slowed right down and they're finding any reason they can to reject applications on technicalities because they're working with reduced staff and are overwhelmed.

I don't care if they do every fight in antarctica without fans and without Bruce Buffer.

Didnt work out too well for the Tennessee Titans. I kind of like the set up the UFC is employing.

Fighters are definitely getting paid on the side to promote Fight Island as a tourist destination. Did you see the last post fight conference? Jan in particular sounded like he was a spokesman in a tourism commercial when the ‘reporter’ asked him how he liked the place. Even told the other reporter to shut up while the guy fiddled around with his phone to record the answers.

Its Bellator having crowds in these events? Also its not like they are flying names there, those cards are utter crap filled with no name euro fighters, one is Headlined by Daley, who is a decent name, not a US based fighter, the other is Gallagher...vs a no name, rest of the card is local guys only, they can do this cards cause it doesnt cost them that much, pretty sure they will have no crowd, but i could be wrong, the UFC are most likely getting paid to host events there and well, they seem to do it right, big names, or the APEX for US cards, there is no point in setting up that kind of place for a one card, its not worth it with no crowd, could be for a PPV but not for any other card.

Why is Ufc still doing Performance Center and Fight Island? I just checked and Bellator is doing shows in Connecticut, Italy, France, etc....

Have places lifted these bans already? If so, why is the UFC doing only those two locations? The whole point was that they wanted places to go and fight, now they can do it anywhere. I'm guessing its that sweet sweet oil money, eh?

Because they want to plan into the future where any of these places may have sudden lockdowns. I was going to go visit my family in Montreal and introduce them to my gf of the last year and suddenly they went into "save the dead" mode and we aren't allowed to visit family unless we want to pay the gov't up to 10k in fines.

I imagine they don't want to be blindsided by any gov't suddenly seeing the need to save us all from certain death. So they fly out to where they know exactly how the gov't will treat the situation well into the future.

Among all the other reasons listed.

Ei9EDJiXcAIWXRs

That was actually pretty good (well imo).
Explain please?

It’s cheap
Plus there’s lots of slave labor and prostitutes so it’s a win win for the Baldfather

money. bellator only been doing event in conn cause it was the only place they could go a have a bubble type set up.

Back