Why is UFC still doing Fight Island?

Because they get free accommodations at and have a good deal worked out for the venue. It has to do with the owners feeling it attracts tourism.

It’s essentially a dream set up from what’s been described by the fighters, and it’s an international location. I’m not sure what the status of the travel ban is in the us, but it seems Card’s in the USA are still strictly US fighters, and I know originally fights island was the only opportunity for international fighters
My buddy is fighting this weekend in the UFC -- he and his corner look like they're having the time of their lives living in fucking luxury. It's pretty nuts.

Why change what's been working? Until fans are allowed the venue itself doesn't matter at all so go with what works.

If bellator jumped off a bridge should the ufc jump too?

Because the USA is the covid capital of the world and more and more fighters, trainers, staff will start testing positive and cards being messed up because of it.

Easier to have all staff there for a month or so and fighters come in a few weeks early.

Uh might have to do with a global pandemic?

Americans aren’t wanted/allowed to enter many countries atm.

it’s also Harder to fly people into Vegas from outside the US.

Both Izzy and Costa are not Americans makes sense

Moat places require a quarantine period.

Dana takes the fighters safety seriously.

A 2nd wave of Corna might hit that makes sporting events hard to put on: Keeping Fight Island alive just in case it does is smart.

Not sure but if I had to guess the UAE makes it very lucrative

Fight Island will become a main stay like Vegas and MSG post-covid era but as for other locations I think once the lock-down is over the UFC will start to move around again

I think they had some deal with the guys at yas island, but its also a good neutral location for international guys that can't get into some regions. Apex is an ez call because they own the building, its probably a hell of lot cheaper to produce a show at the apex than say the MGM. $$$ talks

No crowds so its easier for them to just do it in their own building that's already set up for it, why would you need a show somewhere else if you can't sell tickets anyway...

For Fight Island it's for the fighters that aren't based in the US

Well. No sense in paying for arenas and what not in order to put on a show when you can't have people in attendance.

Have you not seen how much Dana is enjoying his hotel room lol

Fight Island is perfect, there isn't a better possible set-up they could have. If things get worse in the States it might well be that they have every card there.

Fight Island is perfect, there isn't a better possible set-up they could have. If things get worse in the States it might well be that they have every card there.
I thought it was ramping down in the US now?
No?

Back