Izzy vs Khamzat

GOATtalks

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Izzy is so good right now that he’s probably not losing to guys ranked at the moment. They are mostly strikers and I don’t see guys like Jared or Till dethroning him. Maybe Hermansson could pull of some unexpected sub like he did against Kelvin, but that’s also very unlikely.

Khamzat is tall and rangy and probably heavier than Izzy. He could pressure him with his wrestling to make him think about the TD so he could get a possibility to land something upstairs( like Khabib vs Conor). With Khamzat’s power and precision he could very well finish Izzy if he lands.

IMO he could be the biggest threat to Izzy at MW. What do you think?

That dude has fought 3 cans. Why are we even mentioning him with the champ?

We dont even know how he reacts whe he gets hit by a decent fighter lol and you want to see him fight a assassin and champion in Izzy. What about his cardio? His heart?

We dont even know how he reacts whe he gets hit by a decent fighter lol and you want to see him fight a assassin and champion in Izzy. What about his cardio? His heart?

I agree, we don't know how he'd do at all

But we already know everyone else loses to Izzy. So yes, Khamzat is Izzy's biggest threat.

Khamzat pressures him and takes Izzy down at will

Khamzat won’t do Costa’s stupid game plan of kickboxing at range and hoping Izzy gets tired (how stupid)

Khamzat taps Izzy in the 3rd

Khamzat get koed coming in...i invision a ko like mayweather vs hatton...sending khamzet face first into the cage koed stiff...

Khamzat has beaten no1 worth talking about...izzy just beat top guys back to back

For reference
BossyShadyCottonmouth-max-1mb.gif

Khamzat runs thru Izzy but he would have trouble getting past the likes of Romero, jacare, etc

People said this exact same stuff about Israel when he was coming up

Swedish Khabib is for real

Too early to tell. If his grappling is almost as good as khabib then he would run through izzy. But right now we don't even know if he can go 3 rounds without gassing out.

khamza takes him down and finishes him in 1 round + makes it look easy.

GM3 is not a can and Khamzat fought few solid opponents prior to UFC.
The way Khamzat beats them shows his opponents aren’t on his level. He’s definitely one of the best guy both at WW and MW. Maybe even the best

Paging @chinarice, @chinarice please report to this thread...

Still think Hamzat is still a real unknown, but tbh, would like to see him smesh Izzy.

I can't believe how many Hazmat huggers there are right now. He's definitely one of the best prospects we have seen in a while, but let him get some higher level competition and experience. Izzy would pick him apart big time and finish him.

Izzy is finishing challengers and past MW belt holders. Hazmat is finishing high level cans.

Lightning strikes once. Khabib catching Conor is not the blue print.

Khamzat is a bad match up for just about anyone. His pressure style and relentless takedowns/ground game is a huge threat. Izzy is an elite striker, but he lacks one strike stopping power. That leaves the door open for Khamzat to survive long enough in each round of the fight to make it messy and get a W via decision or stoppage on the ground.

It's a great fight and with the way MMA fans treat losses, I'd just assume they book it sooner rather than later. Both guys fight often and always look to finish. That's all I ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back