I hate HW main events

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is obviously not including championship fights, but frankly, they're a waste of a 5 round slot. They're either over before they begin, or it ends up being a gassed out snorefest. These dudes aren't built for 5 rounders. With the exception of DC/Stipe 2, when was the last time we saw two big guys put on a great war that went into the championship rounds and left us satiated afterwards? It almost never happens

It's just that HW is the absolute division. No one doubts that - they're the ones who are the actual best when it comes to defeating an opponent in a battle.

So they're the main event, even if the division sucks, they're slow, gassing or whatever.

It's like the 100-metres sprinters. Sure, they would get demolished by marathon runners in a marathon, but the 100-metres is just that much more exciting.

This is the reason why Ngannou should never main event. Staying up until 7AM just to watch him windmill TKO Curtis Blaydes in 45 seconds was sort of anti-climatic.

It was 6am for me when Conor KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds. I'd have said that was hardly an anti-climax, it woke me up if anything.

Sets a good president for them to improve cardio imo... Don't let these fat fucks have a rest.

This is obviously not including championship fights, but frankly, they're a waste of a 5 round slot. They're either over before they begin, or it ends up being a gassed out snorefest. These dudes aren't built for 5 rounders. With the exception of DC/Stipe 2, when was the last time we saw two big guys put on a great war that went into the championship rounds and left us satiated afterwards? It almost never happens
Not sure how there could be a rule that main events will be 5 rounds except when there are two early-gassing HWs involved.

It's just that HW is the absolute division. No one doubts that - they're the ones who are the actual best when it comes to defeating an opponent in a battle.

So they're the main event, even if the division sucks, they're slow, gassing or whatever.

It's like the 100-metres sprinters. Sure, they would get demolished by marathon runners in a marathon, but the 100-metres is just that much more exciting.
Not sure how there could be a rule that main events will be 5 rounds except when there are two early-gassing HWs involved.

There is a similarity I have noticed between the two. There's been more instances of in-ring defecation when the weight class increases. This is more prevalent with heavyweights. There's been more instances of defecation during competition with runners when the distances increases. This is more prevalent with marathon runners.

People will take quality over finishes. Not every finish is of Grade A quality.
Dunno man, there's a lot of people who prefer HW over all else purely on likeliness of a KO.. I don't myself but there's a lot who do, same with Boxing.

Truth be told, I like the fights but he kind of has a point at least in terms of talent. If the heavyweight division was stacked with more talent, it would be king and the champ would be A top superstar

A guaranteed finish sounds awesome. Until it looks like
ggkeXQ.gif

I agree. Fighters who can go 5 rounds should be in 5-rounders. This should be a given. Even Weidman/Omari is better suited for 5.

Well i agree. It's the worst men's division there is in terms of skill, conditioning and athleticism.

Its talent pool is naturally rather small, but when you've got the NFL and NBA being so much more attractive for (talented) big guys you're bound to get natural middle- and light heavyweights who've just put on an additional 30 pounds of fat.

I honestly think a guy like Robert Whittaker (who probably walks around at 200+ pounds) would instantly be an elite heavyweight if he just put on 25 or 30 pounds of fat.
Imagine on the other hand Max Holloway putting on a similar relative amount of fat and fighting at welterweight - just goes to show you the poor state of the heavyweight division.

Back