I hate HW main events

Well i agree. It's the worst men's division there is in terms of skill, conditioning and athleticism.

Its talent pool is naturally rather small, but when you've got the NFL and NBA being so much more attractive for (talented) big guys you're bound to get natural middle- and light heavyweights who've just put on an additional 30 pounds of fat.

I honestly think a guy like Robert Whittaker (who probably walks around at 200+ pounds) would instantly be an elite heavyweight if he just put on 25 or 30 pounds of fat.
Imagine on the other hand Max Holloway putting on a similar relative amount of fat and fighting at welterweight - just goes to show you the poor state of the heavyweight division.
Hendo fought HW at 206 lbs. Robert can weigh that with just skipping cardio 2 weeks.

Well i agree. It's the worst men's division there is in terms of skill, conditioning and athleticism.

Its talent pool is naturally rather small, but when you've got the NFL and NBA being so much more attractive for (talented) big guys you're bound to get natural middle- and light heavyweights who've just put on an additional 30 pounds of fat.

I honestly think a guy like Robert Whittaker (who probably walks around at 200+ pounds) would instantly be an elite heavyweight if he just put on 25 or 30 pounds of fat.
Imagine on the other hand Max Holloway putting on a similar relative amount of fat and fighting at welterweight - just goes to show you the poor state of the heavyweight division.
Yeah Rob never gets hit.

Hendo fought HW at 206 lbs. Robert can weight that with just skipping cardio 2 weeks.
I honestly think he easily weighs that already.

He's pretty lean inside the cage and even assumung he only cuts 15 pounds he'd be 200 in fighting shape - add a few pounds when he's not in camp and he's in that same region, even while being in really good shape.

I do think though that being too light can get you in trouble when the really big guys get a hold of you.

Then again a 205-210 pound Whittaker would be the fastest guy at heavyweight by far, lol.

I honestly think he easily weighs that already.

He's pretty lean inside the cage and even assumung he only cuts 15 pounds he'd be 200 in fighting shape - add a few pounds when he's not in camp and he's in that same region, even while being in really good shape.

I do think though that being too light can get you in trouble when the really big guys get a hold of you.

Then again a 205-210 pound Whittaker would be the fastest guy at heavyweight by far, lol.
And according to dumbass UFC, anyone in a lower division who wants to move up gets to keep their same rank and fight in the mix.

.... so imagine Robert vs Francis.

And according to dumbass UFC, anyone in a lower division who wants to move up gets to keep their same rank and fight in the mix.

.... so imagine Robert vs Francis.
Lol you're right here.

Would be weird indeed, but then again look at Rozenstruik (despite the loss) and DC - if they had the same body fat as Rob they'd be at 185 too, lol!

(Although it still is crazy for someone like DC to dominate 99% of the guys who're naturally that much bigger).

Wow, you even hate the entertaining af Overeem main event fights where there's a 50/50 chance of him getting KTFO in hilarious fashion?! Shame on you.

He does - at 185 though and by guys named Romero, Adesanya and Till - all of which are significantly faster and more skilled than at least all heavyweights not named DC and Miocic.
Cyril Gane would KO Rob in 1 round tbh. I think Rob being a LHW is even a daft concept.

This is obviously not including championship fights, but frankly, they're a waste of a 5 round slot. They're either over before they begin, or it ends up being a gassed out snorefest. These dudes aren't built for 5 rounders. With the exception of DC/Stipe 2, when was the last time we saw two big guys put on a great war that went into the championship rounds and left us satiated afterwards? It almost never happens
you mma fans are the worst

Cyril Gane would KO Rob in 1 round tbh. I think Rob being a LHW is even a daft concept.
Let's see how his career at heavyweight unfolds first, although i'm high on the guy as well.

Don't forget though that i didn't say Rob would be champ - just that he'd be amongst the top guys at heavyweight!

You are truly delusional, Whitaker has no chance at HW and this is coming from an Australian. If fighting at HW was so easy, everyone would do it. Hell Jon Jones won't even do it.

It's OK IMO. Either there is a first round knockout or I go to bed after the first round because I don't need to watch two guys gas out for another 20 minutes

You are truly delusional, Whitaker has no chance at HW and this is coming from an Australian. If fighting at HW was so easy, everyone would do it. Hell Jon Jones won't even do it.
I'm not saying Whittaker would be champion, just that he'd probably be a good heavyweight and it's reasonable to assume that.

Whittaker also doesn't rely nearly as much on his reach as Jones, so Whittaker wouldn't need to adapt his style as much as Jones might have to.

This is obviously not including championship fights, but frankly, they're a waste of a 5 round slot. They're either over before they begin, or it ends up being a gassed out snorefest. These dudes aren't built for 5 rounders. With the exception of DC/Stipe 2, when was the last time we saw two big guys put on a great war that went into the championship rounds and left us satiated afterwards? It almost never happens

I would rather see 1 round of HW fighters going for the finish than 5 rounds of manlets throwing flurry punches and moving like the floor is lava

I hate flyweight or Wmma main events. Neither fighters have enough power to consistently put the others out so we end up with a glorified sparring match with no real hope of someone getting hurt. Am I doing this right?

It's just that HW is the absolute division. No one doubts that - they're the ones who are the actual best when it comes to defeating an opponent in a battle.

So they're the main event, even if the division sucks, they're slow, gassing or whatever.

It's like the 100-metres sprinters. Sure, they would get demolished by marathon runners in a marathon, but the 100-metres is just that much more exciting.
......*IF* you find any form of running "exciting".

Having HWs fight 5 rounds is indeed stupid.

They should be at the top of the card, fighting for 3.

I dislike 5 rounders in general. Most other weightclasses need to pace themselves to last past the third too. Not just HW. I want fights where everyone fights the best they can without holding back in all rounds.

A guaranteed finish sounds awesome. Until it looks like
ggkeXQ.gif

That was a barn burner. Dada died like twice in that fight mate.

Also your just making blind assumptions even though many fighters have moved to HW during this pandemic and the vast majority lost and lost badly. Whittaker wouldn't crack the top 10 at hw is my slightly less blind assumption of the matter.

Back