Media Chael embarrassingly buying into Gaethje's self assessment hype job

UFCHasNoPride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

<6>
I guess I have to discredit these talking points again:

- It is a myth Khabib can't get takedowns without a fence. All his fights before UFC were without a cage and he was undefeated, not to mention 2x sambo champ and any other competition all without fences, wins every tournament he is practically in. He might prefer this strategy naturally because the fence helps so why wouldn't you utilise it? Oh he must not try and get an advantage so you sherbros can be like "yeah but it wasn't without a fence". Chael then brings up the Raging Al fight. Ffs, Khabib was playing around, taking it easy, barely even putting any meaning behind takedown attempts from round 3-5.

- Gaethje thinks his footwork can get him to avoid Khabib trying to get takedowns and keep off the cage... this is Khabib, a guy who traverses distance like the leap of a Cheatah, immense relentless pressure and octagon aggression. He also uses striking as a way to further traverse and close distance. You're gonna do this for 25 minutes? He only needs to get you down once, make you tired, and then you're compromised for the rest of the match.

- Legs kicks are just more opportunities for Khabib to close distance and get you in a takedown. After throwing the kick, Justin wouldn't even be in a defensive TDD stance so it will be easy. Khabib can also just understand the way the low kick is coming, adjust, and then shoot for it and catch it. Also calcium boned Khabib will eat these kicks. This is the same thing for even striking, Justin's boxing will always be negated by the takedown threat. Then not to mention Khabib's highly effective and unorthodox striking style which works symbiotically with his grappling. The smoothest transitions from striking to grappling.

Everyone just stop. Justin has barely any chance.

Last edited:
Gaethje is going to shock a lot of people in this fight. I believe he has the ability to stuff some early takedowns and keep this fight standing. Also when he’s been taken down he always bounces right back up. Years of competitive wrestling have conditioned him to keep his back off the mat and I think he is going to surprise a lot of people in this fight and open up the division. I’m a big fan of both fighters but Gaethje is about to crack Khabibs chin.

Gaethje is going to shock a lot of people in this fight. I believe he has the ability to stuff some early takedowns and keep this fight standing. Also when he’s been taken down he always bounces right back up. Years of competitive wrestling have conditioned him to keep his back off the mat and I think he is going to surprise a lot of people in this fight and open up the division. I’m a big fan of both fighters but Gaethje is about to crack Khabibs chin.

Show your bet slip and bet significantly. Not $10.

I'm just waiting for Gaethje to stuff a takedown, only to realise Khabib is no bum on the feet either, but by the time he's done realizing, Khabib is already on his legs.

Everyone talks about stuffing the takedowns, but I'm calling it now, the standup will be competitive regardles of takedowns

Who gives a shit about if Khabib can't get a takedown without a fence when UFC fights are held with cages?

"Jordan wouldn't have nearly as many field goals if the rim was half as wide."

Not sure how anyone can't favor Khabib but I think Gaethje is his toughest fight in the division.

I'm just waiting for Gaethje to stuff a takedown, only to realise Khabib is no bum on the feet either, but by the time he's done realizing, Khabib is already on his legs.

Everyone talks about stuffing the takedowns, but I'm calling it now, the standup will be competitive regardles of takedowns

Agreed. Rogan said to Justin "you are clearly the better striker", really Roidgain, he is CLEARLY the better striker? We'll see.

Last edited:
But haven’t you heard? It’s literally impossible for anyone to beat Khabib. They probably shouldn’t even book the fight.

Back