Rumored Are there enough bodys for...

Doug Money

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A 165 división if it where implemented now? Who would benefit from this weight class on the current roster and who can they bring in from other orgs to fill it out if need be? This is my list.

Khabib
Conrad
Masvidal
Nate
Holloway
Colby
RDA
Pettis
Cowboy
FKL
Zabit
Porier
Dober
Luque
Dariush

Throw in Benson, Primus, Semtex, Ruth and Neiman and u got a 20 man roster with superstars, proven veterans, ex champa, notable names, journey men and up and comers. They wouldnt drain themselves to death and in doing so the quality of the fights would elevate. The only issue is how it would effect lw and, to a lesser degree fw and ww. Do it Dana!

155 and 170 division is the most stacked, of course there are enough bodies for this division.

Also need body cams on cops while we’re at it. That’s Mando

Won’t happen

clown-dana.jpg

A 165 división if it where implemented now? Who would benefit from this weight class on the current roster and who can they bring in from other orgs to fill it out if need be? This is my list.

Khabib
Conrad
Masvidal
Nate
Holloway
Colby
RDA
Pettis
Cowboy
FKL
Zabit
Porier
Dober
Luque
Dariush

Throw in Benson, Primus, Semtex, Ruth and Neiman and u got a 20 man roster with superstars, proven veterans, ex champa, notable names, journey men and up and comers. They wouldnt drain themselves to death and in doing so the quality of the fights would elevate. The only issue is how it would effect lw and, to a lesser degree fw and ww. Do it Dana!

Yeah i think there is and a lot of fighters would benefit from it. But the bald Goof isn't giving in.

I think he'd stop at 155 before heading up to a 165 lbs division.
Hes like 6'2 and his cardio wouldnt be shit. I think hes a little to big for 155. Imo, him and Max would be perfect for 165.

Hes like 6'2 and his cardio wouldnt be shit. I think hes a little to big for 155. Imo, him and Max would be perfect for 165.

Hmm, I mean it would be impressive if they tried it but I respectfully disagree. Both would struggle greatly above 155 imho.

There are not enough bodies/ talent at 125 & 145 in womens and UFC fine as is in mens- if there would be a division to add, 225 would be sweet but it's hard to believe that its 2020 and UFC does not have the proper bodies/ talent.

165 would be a godsend for RDA, Masvidal, Diaz and McGregor.

Why is The Pinkappotamus so against this divison speciffcally though? In what way does it hurt his tickets, which is always his main concern?

I'm struggling with this myself.

The Greedy Goof loves to throw on dog shit interim title fights just so he can throw a title at a main event for some shitty card. With a 165 division he would have one more title to promote, plus all the spectacle that would be created over the new divisions, who is going to reign supreme blabla

We don't need to 'guess' its easy to index. Here is each current division with number of fighters under UFC contract:

48 fighters - 265
47 fighters - 205
58 fighters - 185
77 fighters - 170
84 fighters - 155
71 fighters - 145
71 fighters - 135

205/265 have hilariously poor depth. There is a reason you can shuffle around nonathletic old farts in the heavier weight classes. They are not competitive divisions.

If you added an entire new division and spread out lightweight and welterweight into 155, 165, 175, you would STILL have more depth in each division then 205 and 265, with 53 fighters.

This is common sense and should happen.

Khabib
Conrad
Masvidal
Nate
Holloway
Colby
RDA
Pettis
Cowboy
FKL
Zabit
Porier
Dober
Luque
Dariush

I'd be all for it, really.
I'm actually surprised Dana hasn't done it yet. Main reason: he could give his Cash-machine Conor a chance at another belt and avoid having him having to tangle with people like Usman, AND avoid him having to fight Khabib again.

Seems like an obvious thing to do, and he could distract everyone from the real story that it's a way to give Conor a stab at another belt, by also introducing a 195lbs division too. More divisions = more title-fights, I would have thought that Dana would be all over it.

Back