Rumored Are there enough bodys for...

Max is way too fucking small for 165. Porier lit him up at LW. Smaller welterweights would fuck him up badly. He’d have to completely reinvent his training and style. Welterweight bombs are a lot bigger than featherweight bombs.

not even gonna speak on Zabit up there.

Unnecessary.
giphy.gif

A 165 división if it where implemented now? Who would benefit from this weight class on the current roster and who can they bring in from other orgs to fill it out if need be? This is my list.

Khabib
Conrad
Masvidal
Nate
Holloway
Colby
RDA
Pettis
Cowboy
FKL
Zabit
Porier
Dober
Luque
Dariush

Throw in Benson, Primus, Semtex, Ruth and Neiman and u got a 20 man roster with superstars, proven veterans, ex champa, notable names, journey men and up and comers. They wouldnt drain themselves to death and in doing so the quality of the fights would elevate. The only issue is how it would effect lw and, to a lesser degree fw and ww. Do it Dana!

ufc not inventing a fake weight class.

The smaller LW's would ask why not split 155 into 150 and 160, instead of 155 and 165.

Also Khabib wouldn't go to 165, he makes 155 fine.

Zabit and Max lol, they arent even at 155 yet so why would they to 165?

How shit would lightweight be if all those fighters left

165 is the dumbest weight class they can create......170lbs wouldn't make sense with 165lbs so close so that would mean they would have to up 170lbs and ruin the welterweight division/history.

163lbs is what makes the most sense...it's right between 155 and 170lbs, thus 170lbs won't have to change.

A 165 división if it where implemented now? Who would benefit from this weight class on the current roster and who can they bring in from other orgs to fill it out if need be? This is my list.

Gunnar for sure

Khabib
Conrad
Masvidal
Nate
Holloway
Colby
RDA
Pettis
Cowboy
FKL
Zabit
Porier
Dober
Luque
Dariush

Throw in Benson, Primus, Semtex, Ruth and Neiman and u got a 20 man roster with superstars, proven veterans, ex champa, notable names, journey men and up and comers. They wouldnt drain themselves to death and in doing so the quality of the fights would elevate. The only issue is how it would effect lw and, to a lesser degree fw and ww. Do it Dana!

Wouldnt it be súper lw or jr ww?

nobody crowning a 165 champ cause it a fake class. it like saying there a few guys who cant be champ at 170 so were starting 180 for this guy to become champ.

nobody crowning a 165 champ cause it a fake class. it like saying there a few guys who cant be champ at 170 so were starting 180 for this guy to become champ.
If boxing has a bunch of weight classes and enough fighters to go around, mma does also. And like its been started itt more belts more money. I give u 195 lbs not having enough bodies but 165 is totallly possible.

If boxing has a bunch of weight classes and enough fighters to go around, mma does also. And like its been started itt more belts more money. I give u 195 lbs not having enough bodies but 165 is totallly possible.

there are hundards more boxers out there an tomany weight classes to keep track of. mma isnt boxing.

Khabib
Conrad
Masvidal
Nate
Holloway
Colby
RDA
Pettis
Cowboy
FKL
Zabit
Porier
Dober
Luque
Dariush

I'm ok with a 165 division as long as they call it the "Couldnt get a real belt" division. I'd also be ok with the "loserweight" division.

Back