Rumored Are there enough bodys for...

I'm ok with a 165 division as long as they call it the "Couldnt get a real belt" division. I'd also be ok with the "loserweight" division.
But my whole thing is that some of these guys would perform better at that weight. That would up the entertainment value for us as well. Aside from preconcieved notions of what these weight classes should be, i dont get why so Many people are against 165.

Why is The Pinkappotamus so against this divison speciffcally though? In what way does it hurt his tickets, which is always his main concern?
“A lot of guys who know they can’t win at either 170 or 155 that would all jump ship,” White explained. “If you look at our 170 and 155 divisions, they’re stacked. You’ve got Usman, Woodley, Covington, Wonderboy, RDA, Masvidal, Askren, Till, Ponzinibbio, Lawler, Edwards. That’s 170. Lightweights at 155, you got Khabib, Conor, Tony, Poirier, Iaquinta, Kevin Lee who’s moving over to welterweight to make it even better, Edson Barboza, Gaethje, Pettis now is over in the welterweight division which makes it even better. Cerrone, Felder, Gillespie, Diaz.”

“You build a 165-pound division, you completely drain both of those divisions,” he continued. “It ain’t happening while I’m here. These divisions are stacked; we’ve got tons of great fights in both divisions.

“We don’t need a 165-pound division.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...5-pound-division-aint-happening-here-mma-news

Most of the world walks around that 145-170 size/height/weight/reach. Which is why EVERY MMA organization has a stacked LW division (or FW or WW division, at least one of them). UFC LW is awesome down to TOP 40 - it's impossible to make a shitty match up over there. If you added 165lbs and switched 170lbs to 175lbs - it would fill up with excellent talent easy peasy.

By introducing 165lbs, you'd flood 145, 155 and 175 with more talent as well. Cause guys would, eventually, move around.

I think it's goofy that they haven't done this yet. USADA slayed the big guys, it's over. So just harvest more of what's available.

Last edited:
Back