Reyes will beat the snot out of Jones for two rounds

Ideanudge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he can do it in later rounds and sneak at aleast one another round in, we are looking at a new champ(if judges aren't biased).

I've been calling Reyes by KO since this fight was announced.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what makes this different from other Jones fights?

giphy.gif

Jones is probably only reliable fighter in history of light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions, which is biggest indication of his greatness. He adapts to all styles at LHW.

I have no belief in any fighter 205 lb upwards to get the job done and each of them can lose just by being dumb and bad, but Reyes is the only guy that's at pair with Jones height-wise and still has good enough fundamentals to exploit his errors (wide steps, lack of setups, response on being kicked, linear-only fighting, questionable clinch regression and ability to close the distance, etc.).

Maybe I'm missing something, but what makes this different from other Jones fights?
Similarly sized striker who has both very good boxing AND very good kicking. Good takedown defense so far as well and solid power coupled with tremendous accuracy.

Never doubting Jones again. Submission, round 5.

Another Jones fight, another "This is the guy to dethrone Jones!"
Jon Jones by unanimous decision 49-46 49-46 49-46
(needs a round to adapt to opponent)

And before you say: he almost lost to Thiago Santos, true but I think he didn't expect that power from a middleweight, especially the kicks. He will not make that mistake against Reyes.
So 49-46

I can do a sig bet on Jones, I'm so sure of him.
And I hate the guy.

I'm ready for the Reyes Era. The Jones Era is getting worse. It sucks the Jones era ended the Shogun Era, but at least the Shogun Era fucked up the Machida Era.

Lol at people saying Reyes will KO Jones. Go back and look at the many of opponents who were suppose to KO him. GG Reyes.

Another Jones fight, another "This is the guy to dethrone Jones!"
Jon Jones by unanimous decision 49-46 49-46 49-46
(needs a round to adapt to opponent)

And before you say: he almost lost to Thiago Santos, true but I think he didn't expect that power from a middleweight, especially the kicks. He will not make that mistake against Reyes.
So 49-46
How the fuck could you not expect that? He came up a division and was knocking out people in the middleweight divison.

If he can do it in later rounds and sneak at aleast one another round in, we are looking at a new champ(if judges aren't biased).
jon jones striking has looked really sloppy recently, reyes could catch him maybe this time.

Jones is probably only reliable fighter in history of light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions, which is biggest indication of his greatness. He adapts to all styles at LHW.

I have no belief in any fighter 205 lb upwards to get the job done and each of them can lose just by being dumb and bad, but Reyes is the only guy that's at pair with Jones height-wise and still has good enough fundamentals to exploit his errors (wide steps, lack of setups, response on being kicked, linear-only fighting, questionable clinch regression and ability to close the distance, etc.).

Just shows how much room MMA fighters still have to grow. Jones really does have all those weak points, yet has still been able to beat all comers for a decade.

Given the timing of the Kobe Bryant tragedy, it makes me think that it’s going to take someone who applies the Kobe mentality to MMA to show what’s possible.

I’ve had a weird feeling Reyes is gonna make this a dogfight and it’s gonna be way closer than ppl think

So, if he beats the crap out of Jones, or knocks him out, he'll win the fight?

You must have a degree in advanced calculus from MIT or something.

Similarly sized striker who has both very good boxing AND very good kicking. Good takedown defense so far as well and solid power coupled with tremendous accuracy.
This is not the first opponent jones has faced with those tools. Jones has shown you won’t get him with that 1 big shot (so far), if you want to stand a chance you have to be able to either beat him at a long distance, and make him start coming to you inside, and have the tools to deal with that, because we’ve all seen what happens to people who sit at a range with jones. IMO that’s why Gus was such a great matchup for jones. He was the best long range striker jones has ever faced, and he had prepared for that clinch game inside. OR you have to have enough to power inside through his range setting tools and be so strong in that area that even though you’ll be working substantially harder, you can out wrestle him and take advantage in the clinch.

The problem with Smith, santos and reyes is that they don’t do as well at range. The reason santos had some success is because he was closing angles, forcing action inside and had the advantage in those areas, but without the answer for that insane range of jones, you’re getting your legs and body fucked up the entire fight, and he WILL make you work harder over the entire 25 minute fight. Watch the feet of any fighter against jones in the first minute other than Gus. He comes out, and they already know they can’t be in range of those kicks so they are forced to move around and do all the work while jones claims the center of the octagon. The trap is that you are going to get tired. He’s still going to land. AND if you make a mistake he gets you up on that fence and now you’re dealing with the wrestling, and his ability to land unorthodox elbows and knees. That’s why I think the person to beat jones has to be able to set the range, take center of the octagon, and make jones move for 5 rounds.

Back