Eddie Hearn: "Conor McGregor is bigger than the UFC, that’s the reality. I'd dance for him"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“I’ll dance for Conor McGregor all he wants!” he repeated to iFL Tv this week.

“We’re always here if Conor ever wants to work with us. I’m sure he’s doing his own thing anyway. For me when I look at fighters when I look up brands when I look at self-promoters Conor McGregor is on top of the tree. I only met him for a minute of my life so I don’t know the guy personally but I do have a huge amount of respect for him.

“For one, what he has done in the octagon and two, for what he’s done for his business, the way he carries himself and the way he promotes himself. In that respect there has never been anyone like him. The UFC was a brand and it didn’t matter who you were,you were never bigger that the UFC. But now, Conor McGregor is bigger than the UFC, that’s the reality. He is is the UFC that’s just it and I respect him.”

*This was Hern referencing and replying to an old conor tweet

https://themaclife.com/featured-pos...earn-evaluates-mcgregors-standing-fight-game/

This gets me thinking...who was a bigger draw in their prime

Ali or Conor?

Ali or Conor?
Ali vs Spinks was watched by 2 billion people. 2 billion people. Half the earths population at the time watched the man fight. So that should give you an idea. But then again, boxing was the biggest sport back then. Its like comparing Conor to Ronaldo today. Can hardly win a popularity contest against the biggest star of a much bigger sport.

He's right. I forgot about how nobody watched the UFC from 229 to 246.

I just love watching people have nervous breakdowns because they hate Conor so much.

Conner mcquitter he won a fight everyone know he gonna win wow let see him against ferguson or khabib

I just love watching people have nervous breakdowns because they hate Conor so much.
I like watching him fight but usually in sports the best are the most popular, and he's not the best.

I like watching him fight but usually in sports the best are the most popular, and he's not the best.

Yeah he's not the best by any means. He just entertains us, love him or hate him.

Connor still needs the UFC if he wants to maximize exposure and revenue. It's the biggest platform in the sport and it isn't even close.

If he quits and joins Bellator or something he will still make truck loads of money, but not as many people are tuning in or paying to see it.

Ali or Conor?

It's a bullshit question, Ali didn't have the likes of Twitter etc to call upon, in a world of limited TV coverage, radio and traditional press reporting Ali was the man.

Ali v Conor shit talking with today's tech? Ali without a doubt.

Connor still needs the UFC if he wants to maximize exposure and revenue. It's the biggest platform in the sport and it isn't even close.

If he quits and joins Bellator or something he will still make truck loads of money, but not as many people are tuning in or paying to see it.
I could see ONE FC paying him a ridiculous amount to massively increase their exposure outside of their primary market.

There are a lot of people in Asia which means a huge potential market for a certain brand of whisky.

well he is right on the aura, this is something you can not really train or buy

It's true and that's a good thing. I think only him and Bork Laser were ever bigger than the UFC.

No fighter is bigger than the UFC.

Conor is big, but if push comes to shove, hes getting shoved.

Back