Eddie Hearn: "Conor McGregor is bigger than the UFC, that’s the reality. I'd dance for him"

It's a bullshit question, Ali didn't have the likes of Twitter etc to call upon, in a world of limited TV coverage, radio and traditional press reporting Ali was the man.

Ali v Conor shit talking with today's tech? Ali without a doubt.
And even without the internet, Ali was and is still much bigger than Conor and it's really not even close.

Go on youtube, search Muhammad Ali documentary. There's at least 75+ of them. Not fan made compilations, but actual docs, all by reputable sports historians/ producers/ magazines/ networks.

Conor is enormous as fuck, and still nowhere near Ali by any metric there is.

Ppl forget how big boxing really is, and Ali is the most well known athlete of all time

Yeah people get carried away with the Conor = Ali or Tyson stuff.

He's 100% the current biggest MMA star right now, and likely the biggest ever (depends on where you rate Brock). He gets the nod from me since he built his fame entirely via MMA though.

None of that means that he's near the overall fame of either Ali or Tyson though.

Eddie Hearn is a clown don’t kno shit about MMA or boxing worse then Don Kimg omg

and Conor dances for us.
Sherdogger > Conor > Eddie "Dance Monkey" Hearn

Connor is currently bigger than wilder and Alvarez too.

No fighter is bigger than the UFC.

Conor is big, but if push comes to shove, hes getting shoved.
I would love to see them try! He can take his talents and all the viewers else where

2 years after he’s out of the UFC 80% of his start power is gone and half a decade after that he’s “that guy that used to be ufc”
Where’s a Ronda superstar ? And she’s a local, can’t imagine Connor won’t fall as fast once he’s out of the limelight or gets a conviction or two

That's literally not true at all. Either way hes one of the best undeniably.
You can say that at fw, his only notable win outside of that division is Alvarez. He's 1-1 with Nate. His path after fw is debatable due to everythinng being on his terms. After Nate choked him out he was allowed to chose the rematch at 170 despite him being the one choked out. He was also awarded a title shot at 155 against Alvarez despite not even having a single win at 155 with legit contenders in line. I understand that RDA got hurt but once you lose to Nate, things should change. He was allowed to choose his opponent in Cowboy and the weight for a fight with title implications that would again leapfrog deserving contenders. These things shouldn't be ignored if you consider he got choked out by the other guy he leapfrogged at 155.

He has more fights at 170 then 155 just because he doesn't feel like cutting weight. Who else is afforded these optimal opportunities. The playing field isn't really the same with dude.

Last edited:
Disagree with Eddie, no one fighter is bigger than the UFC. In boxing boxers are often bigger than promotions hence they create their own to make even more money, let me know when Conrat or another MMA fighter successfully starts their own promotion and earn more from fighting in it over what they did in Bellator or the UFC.

Ali vs Spinks was watched by 2 billion people. 2 billion people. Half the earths population at the time watched the man fight. So that should give you an idea. But then again, boxing was the biggest sport back then. Its like comparing Conor to Ronaldo today. Can hardly win a popularity contest against the biggest star of a much bigger sport.

lol half the earth didn’t have TVs back then .

UFC would win that battle.
99% of the time yes I would agree with you.

But not in his case there is a reason he can handpick who to fight and when. Get away with rape cases, attacking a bus full of ufc talent, throwing shit at press conferences, saying the things he does!
UFC knows his worth and he’s worth them bending over for him

99% of the time yes I would agree with you.

But not in his case there is a reason he can handpick who to fight and when. Get away with rape cases, attacking a bus full of ufc talent, throwing shit at press conferences, saying the things he does!
UFC knows his worth and he’s worth them bending over for him

UFC is still bigger. If not, Conor would already be making those plays.

This gets me thinking...who was a bigger draw in their prime

Ali or Conor?

I pretty sure ali wasn't all that popular back then...he was a polarizing, extremely controversial figure...only much later, did it all turn to love and admiration...

Ali vs Spinks was watched by 2 billion people. 2 billion people. Half the earths population at the time watched the man fight. So that should give you an idea. But then again, boxing was the biggest sport back then. Its like comparing Conor to Ronaldo today. Can hardly win a popularity contest against the biggest star of a much bigger sport.

that was much much later in ali's career though...look at ali's prime years...I don't think he was as big.

Conner mcquitter he won a fight everyone know he gonna win wow let see him against ferguson or khabib

it took the ref to stop the fight when ferguson fought cerrone...it was a decent fight up till then...tony never had cerrone hurt, or knocked down...conor comes in and wipes him out like nothing...he'd ko tony inside 2 rounds...probably 1st round...all of tony's cardio and recovery ability won't matter, if you're stopped inside 4 minutes...trust me, he'd murder tony...tony was almost stopped by freaken pettis...imagine that was conor hitting him.

Back