New rankings WTF!

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Why is Donald STILL ranked #5 LW?!

He's on a 3 fight skid with two first round KO's and not a single strike landed in his last fight.

UFC Propaganda machine wants casuals to think Conor just beat #5.

Other interesting bits:

- Pettis is no longer in the top 15.
- Islam moved up from 15 to 14, and Hernandez dropped from 14 to 15, even though neither of them fought last weekend

Basically if they swap Islam and Cowboy's rankings it will look about right.

20200121_190505.jpg 20200121_190519.jpg 20200121_190528.jpg

Conor should be ahead of peahead Dustin tbh. He starched him with ease. And he did better against Khabib

Dont @ me angry bois

How’d I know this thread was going to be about Islam?

Gillespie doesn't wears the man bun since years but that shame will always follow him

Conor should be ahead of peahead Dustin tbh. He starched him with ease. And he did better against Khabib

Dont @ me angry bois

Dustin deserves where he's at. He's on quite the win streak (outside of undefeated Khabib). Doubt he would have lost to Nathan like Conor did.

They cant always rank lower someone who lost in the past, for example then Barboza be higher than Felder, Fighter Kevin Lee higher than Barboza, Al Iaquinta higher than Fighter Kevin Lee, but then Hooker should he higher than Iaquinta.

Dont @ me angry bois
Yeah but Dustin has actually had like 5 fight win streak at LW and Conor is 1-1 at LW so........

Casuals don't check the rankings and losing to someone ranked above them often doesn't affect a fighters position.

Cownboy easily beat ragin al who is at 9. I think cowboy would beat felder too so no 5 seems correct.

I'm going through the list to see who isn't scared of Islam, and I only see Kevin Lee

Khabib isn't scared either but they'd never fight. They're like brothers

I'm going through the list to see who isn't scared of Islam, and I only see Kevin Lee

Khabib isn't scared either but they'd never fight. They're like brothers

Islam has repeatedly called out all top 10 (and before that all top 15) contenders.

So effectively they've all ducked Islam except for Khabib (because the call-out isnt applocable to him) and Fighter Kevin (because he accepted the call-out).

Some explicity ducked Islam (like Felder and Hooker) and the rest implicitly by ignoring his prior call-outs.

Only Diego gets a pass because he wasnt ranked when Islam called them out.

He's on a 3 fight skid with two first round KO's and not a single strike landed in his last fight.

Welp, those three fights were to people now ranked higher than him, so being ranked #5 at least isn't upsetting an appropriate hierarchy.

Other interesting bits:

- Pettis is no longer in the top 15.
- Islam moved up from 15 to 14, and Hernandez dropped from 14 to 15, even though neither of them fought last weekend

Basically if they swap Islam and Cowboy's rankings it will look about right.

View attachment 714965 View attachment 714967 View attachment 714969

They can’t move Cowboy down now. It will ruin their narrative if the drop him. Also don’t forget Conor entered the WW rankings at 14.

I don't mind Conor ranked over Gaethje because I honestly think he'd beat Gaethje, but Cowboy at 5 is major lol

Welp, those three fights were to people now ranked higher than him, so being ranked #5 at least isn't upsetting an appropriate hierarchy.

That's like saying Islam should be ranked at the top because he hasnt lost to any of the guys ranked ahead of him

I think Donald Cerrone should now be about ranked #10 to be honest. I mean I think we all love the guy, his style, his readiness to fight anyone, but..... he just lost 3 in a row. Broken noses, broken orbitals. And I think UFC just being kind to him but he is barely Top10 at this point.
I think Iaquinta / Gillespie / Ferreira / Lee / Barboza all beat him at his point.

Also... McG only ever had 2 fights at 155lbs in UFC. Won 1, Lost 1. I don't see why a victory at 170lbs against an old Cerrone who is very chinny, gets him ANY movement in a different weight class. It's all just so Dana can say "oh look at the rankings, he's next to fight Khabib if Ferguson loses".

They can’t move Cowboy down now. It will ruin their narrative if the drop him. Also don’t forget Conor entered the WW rankings at 14.

I didnt notice Conor now added to the WW rankings.

Lol Cowboy was around #7 when WW not long ago, but he's now #5 at LW after 3 losses in a row.

I think Fighter Kevin Lee was higher than #14 at WW even after his loss to RDA.

Conor is 3rd at LW and 14th at WW - what a joke...it looks like they want to leave the option of matchmaking lower ranked WW guys against Conor for some easy wins.

Back