Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
On the Ariel Helwani show

Cant see anything with it.

Dude fought with half his vision

<{dayum}>

Now all i care about is how he was able to pass medicals

Ya. He says a lot of things. In fact, he's over-the-top about everything when a camera is on him, not just his exaggerations and - for lack of a better term - purple prose.

I'm not too ready to take him 100% at his word for everything he says.

But even if he's exaggerating, I agree with your concern about medicals. His story about trying to shooting himself up in the bathroom stall in the rib with a doctor on his cell phone - to walk him through it, so he didn't puncture a lung or some other stupid shit - was pretty nutty too. I'm not proposing that a USADA guy follow a fighter around the entire day of an event, but somehow I don't think fighters injecting themselves with shit minutes before a fight is OK either.

Last edited:
So the detached retina blinded the poor guy?

I think this has been confirmed for a while, he retired because he started having problems with his 'good eye' and the fact he needed a knee replacement and now has an artificial knee.

Well yea he fucking popped it out of his head on his podcast. Dont think remote viewing is a thing

So the detached retina blinded the poor guy?

I'm not sure what the injury is, but he can't really see out of it.

ViMAfPd.jpg

I think this has been confirmed for a while, he retired because he started having problems with his 'good eye' and the fact he needed a knee replacement and now has an artificial knee.
No... nobody knew to what extent he could see from it.

If it was totally jacked or what

Ariel specifially asked him this. If this was "well known" there would be no need for the question to be asked.

This is the first time he clarified it.

Now all i care about is how he was able to pass medicals

Another forum member posted the requirements for pre-fight medicals in another thread.
Apparently, not concussed and not pregnant is about all you need to pass in most States.

That's why Dana gave him the Henderson title defense because he knew it was fucked up Belfort was on the juice and fucked his eye up for life

Ariel specifially asked him this. If this was "well known" there would be no need for the question to be asked.

He's been talking about it on his own podcast ever since he retired, he didn't mention it prior because he said he wouldn't be able to get medically cleared.

He's been talking about it on his own podcast ever since he retired, he didn't mention it prior because he said he wouldn't be able to get medically cleared.
I listen to his podcast, he was never 100% clear about it. He jokes about it, but never really addressed clearly.

Unless it was on an episode i missed.

December 2018 on the Joe Rogan he confirms he's wearing a prosthetic and the eye's clinically blind.

Yet people hype GSP's win against him. IMO GSP isn't a legit double champ. Yoel was the real champ during Bispings reign and GSP wanted ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with him.

I listen to his podcast, he was never 100% clear about it. He jokes about it, but never really addressed clearly.

Unless it was on an episode i missed.

He took the eye out of its socket and showed everyone

Another forum member posted the requirements for pre-fight medicals in another thread.
Apparently, not concussed and not pregnant is about all you need to pass in most States.

if this is true, then how the fuck did they let Rampage fight Fedor? The fetus looked about ready to come out at any minute

December 2018 on the Joe Rogan he confirms he's wearing a prosthetic and the eye's clinically blind.

IMO he's not very clear here. He tries his best to diverge and not be 100% clear.

He says he can see a tiny bit, then says he cant, then says he was able to pass medicals if he squinted in the right direction and the doctor was surprised he could see anything at all...

So he stays on the fence basically.

I guess you could interpret that and take it as he couldnt see and just didnt want to admit, but he doesnt say clearly "i cant see shit"

He took the eye out of its socket and showed everyone
That doest mean he cant see anything at all

Just listen to the clip that was posted in this thread where he says he could see a bit

Back