Cowboy's next 2 fights will be impressive

DivineMind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mark my words.

They'll give him a couple of fights where the opponent is a strong one but one that he matches up well against.

Fights will probably be at lightweight. I think Gregor might be a nice one - he does well against smaller wrestler types.

He will look really good.

Why? He already made his money, and he's just fighting for fun now. No pressure. And the UFC will be grateful for him losing against Conor, and they're now eager to make Cowboy look good, because that makes Conor look even better.

I like cowboy, but it’s almost impossible for him to have a future performance worse than last night. So I guess that comparatively, they will be impressive

Didn’t he fight for fun against Gaethje and Conor? He at least tried to be competitive with Justin because with McGregor he just went out there to get quickly beaten.

I will never pay a single penny to watch Cowboy fight again ... in fact, my gut told me not to pay for this fight.

I went ahead and did so anyway ... and ultimately blew $68 for 40 seconds of pitiful "action."

I swear to God, I honestly think cowboy should give up his $200,000 purse for the cowardly quitting he did in less than a minute.

Regardless, I will never pay a penny to see that POS fight again. Ever.

I will never pay a single penny to watch Cowboy fight again ... in fact, my gut told me not to pay for this fight.

I went ahead and did so anyway ... and ultimately blew $68 for 40 seconds of pitiful "action."

I swear to God, I honestly think cowboy should give up his $200,000 purse for the cowardly quitting he did in less than a minute.

Bro, helax. Just stream for free.

Lol. Watched in the morning. Card waa awful

Gregor would destroy Cowboy

Gregor got caught against Kevin Lee, that wont happen very often, especially with Cowboy as a slow starter

Cowboy should fight Barboza...I think they fought ages ago

I like cowboy, but it’s almost impossible for him to have a future performance worse than last night. So I guess that comparatively, they will be impressive

It's also almost impossible for him to face an even more dangerous fighter than Conor at LW/WW so it kind of makes sense.

He already made his money

What is your source on this?

The fight was in Nevada and NSAC has released the purses of all fighters. Cerrone was paid a flat 200k purse. I find it wildly unlikely they wrote him a new contract that included PPV points, he probably just gets a similar locker room bonus.

It looks like Cerrone got paid peanuts.

Th Gregor fight would be fun.

Calling Cerrone a POS should banable. He's been one of the most fun fighters in the UFC for 10 fucking year. You're an ungrateful cunt.

What is your source on this?

The fight was in Nevada and NSAC has released the purses of all fighters. Cerrone was paid a flat 200k purse. I find it wildly unlikely they wrote him a new contract that included PPV points, he likely just gets a similar locker room bonus.

It looks like Cerrone got paid peanuts.

It's well known that the published numbers are often way wrong, especially if there are bonuses involved aside from the standard win bonuses.

It's well known that the published numbers are often way wrong, especially if there are bonuses involved aside from the standard win bonuses.

It is not well known and these are officially reported purse numbers from the state of Nevada. This isn't one of those estimations from a blog, this is a fact.

Either way, Nate Diaz had a disclosed pay in Nevada of $2,000,000 for his rematch with Conor. We also know from litigation he had PPV points. He was paid $500,000 for the first fight.

Cerrone's last official purse was 145k several years back. It looks like he just took his standard contract pay. I am sure he gets some bonuses, but he was paid, literally, 1/10th of what Nate got. 200k guaranteed to headline a PPV card against Conor is peanuts.

Cowboy is arguably the worst managed famous fighter in the modern history of MMA. The guy says yes to everything.

Back