Is wonderboy the best Karate based Kickboxer in the UFC history?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am a big fan of karate style kickboxing despite the fact that everyone else hates it because of the PKA ruleset. I for one always admired their flexibility and their ability to jump high and throw beautiful spinning strikes. Be it back fist, hook kicks or even sweeps and switch kicks. Also the footwork is active and if done well, it makes the practitioner an effective fighter with their mobility.

Also a big fan of Don Wilson and Benny the jet.

Oddly enough, American or western kickboxing is extremely rare in America and Canada now a days, I only know one guy who teaches it privately while everyone else is teaching Thai kickboxing. The only person I know who represents this style is Josh Thompson and another old school guy I made a thread in Paul Taylor.

Just to clarify, its not the same as Machida, the uniform of karate kickboxers tend to be long pants with stripes and sometimes they have a black belt strapped to their waist.

No, because Valentina Shevchenko used to compete in shiny pants kickboxing.

I am a big fan of karate style kickboxing despite the fact that everyone else hates it because of the PKA ruleset. I for one always admired their flexibility and their ability to jump high and throw beautiful spinning strikes. Be it back fist, hook kicks or even sweeps and switch kicks. Also the footwork is active and if done well, it makes the practitioner an effective fighter with their mobility.

Also a big fan of Don Wilson and Benny the jet.

Oddly enough, American or western kickboxing is extremely rare in America and Canada now a days, I only know one guy who teaches it privately while everyone else is teaching Thai kickboxing. The only person I know who represents this style is Josh Thompson and another old school guy I made a thread in Paul Taylor.

Just to clarify, its not the same as Machida, the uniform of karate kickboxers tend to be long pants with stripes and sometimes they have a black belt strapped to their waist.

You mean Wonder Boy Thompson

It's a Sherdog pet peeves of mine when people refer to fighters by their first name.

Josh?

Who the fuck are you talking about? I've got to read a wall of text to find out what this goddamn thread is about?????

He's talking about James Wonderboy Thompson
It's a Sherdog pet peeves of mine when people refer to fighters by their first name.

Josh?

Who the fuck are you talking about? I've got to read a wall of text to find out what this goddamn thread is about?????

Josh?

Everyone here knows JOSH you fucking casual!

You know, it's fucking Josh, the OP's drinking buddy. He doesn't need a last name.

This is the first time I've ever associated a Josh with kickboxing. Feels strange.

I'm not watching your goddamn Youtube Videos.

TS be talking bout Josh “WonderPunk” Thompson

Josh Barnett Thomson Koscheck -- the NCAA D-1 karate champion

What in the hell is going on in here?

Silver belt with a white belt's heart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back