Max & Alex Post-Fight

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Why was Max celebrating then acting surprised at hearing "and new"?!

Then Joe called him "the greatest featherweight of all time" when interviewing him after the loss.

Bizarre...

Ben Askren had the fight 2-2 going into the 5th and a lot of people scored round 5 for Max

After being in there I doubt he had any idea how the score cards were

for situations like this its almost always the corner telling the fighter theyre up

absolutely delusional not to have Volk up 3-0 after 3

Ben Askren had the fight 2-2 going into the 5th and a lot of people scored round 5 for Max

After being in there I doubt he had any idea how the score cards were
I love Ben, Im pretty much his only fan on here at this point, but what the fuck was he smoking when he scored it 2-2.
it was 5-0 and not even close, you might have scored the 4th round for max, but no way do do score it anything but 4-1.

Why was Max celebrating then acting surprised at hearing "and new"?!

Then Joe called him "the greatest featherweight of all time" when interviewing him after the loss.

Bizarre...
They way Joe forgot that Aldo exists after just watching him fight was weird.

I can see someone feeling Max won one or *maybe* even two rounds, but for Max to be celebrating then acting shocked shoes he's convinced he wont 3 or more rounds, unless he was putting on an act.

They way Joe forgot that Aldo exists after just watching him fight was weird.
Maybe I’m imagining shit, but IIRC DC nd Joe were saying something to the effect that he was the greatest FW champ because of how many times he defended early in the broadcast... correct me if I’m wrong, regardless Joe needs to back off the weed and increase the alphabrain or maybe switch to Adderall LoL

I had it 49-46 for volk, gave max the 5th, I can see a case for max maybe winning the fourth but I thought volk clearly wine the first 3

So (hypothetically) if Tony beat Khabib in April would you say Khabib is still the LW GOAT?
Well, Khabib's resume is not that extensive when it comes to high level competition. He's beaten 4 top level fighters, so it's much more realistic to say Tony would be LW goat if he wins.

I watched in portugese (not understand) so no bias commentating. I had Volk slightly every round. Im just glad judges acknowledged leg damage or he might have been fucked. Kinda like Shogun/Machida 1, judges didnt score the fact that Machida got chopped down.

I had it 49-46 for volk, gave max the 5th, I can see a case for max maybe winning the fourth but I thought volk clearly wine the first 3

But to celebrate and be shocked he had to believe he won at least 3 rounds

I’m sure he felt that way, but in reality the first three rounds weren’t close.

I guess he wasnt impressed by Volk kicking game to be enough to get a UD, i wasnt either, but i guess thats point fighting for ya.

I love Ben, Im pretty much his only fan on here at this point, but what the fuck was he smoking when he scored it 2-2.
it was 5-0 and not even close, you might have scored the 4th round for max, but no way do do score it anything but 4-1.
Your not alone, I appreciate Ben’s accountability, sportsmanship and full body of work, I don’t subscribe to new world groupthink/hate that seems so prevalent as of late.

I guess he wasnt impressed by Volk kicking game to be enough to get a UD, i wasnt either, but i guess thats point fighting for ya.
He felt it enough to change his stance despite it limiting his offense, so they were obviously hurting him.

It was basically a sparring session.

Back