Chaels YouTube channel

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone watch it? Always some entertainment value in listening to the man speak his takes on MMA and life. I don't take him too seriously, nor should anyone.

Also, he must be accepting submissions for his new outro song, there has been a different one on multiple videos this week.
See: (5:55)

Quirky guy.

_20191023_154837.JPG
<VinceCa$h>

"I'm the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you don't is better yet. I'm the women's pick, I'm the men's regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet,”

Greatest trash talker of MMA. I sure miss him and I am a fan of his Channel

"I'm the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you don't is better yet. I'm the women's pick, I'm the men's regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet,”

Maybe the greatest trash talker in sports history.

Its just chael giving his opinion on stuff, and I loke Chael, but his opinions are pretty wacky sometimes

some of his insights are really great and unique

some are terrible due to him trolling / saying inaccurate stuff to garner a reaction

I do. His comments are generally good but he focus too much on the entertainment side of the sport, as he always did.

I watch all his videos. Even though alot of his opinions are absolute garbage.

There's not much good content on MMA available though, so I'm grateful to Uncle Chael for keeping the content coming.

I'm not watching all of them - not all subjects are that interesting, plus his voice and way of talking can turn into a noise after a longer minute - but I've always been a fan, I dig his point of view on promotion and business, and the fucker works hard. He's always cooking up new content and is quick to post it. Him and Bisping are legitimate productivity junkies, both are inspiring.

Yes I watch it for entertainment value sometimes as well. Like you said TS you can't take him too seriously, but every once in a while he will make an interesting observation or angle I hadn't thought of.

Yeah I enjoy it, when I first started watching them I wasn't keen, I felt he was a bit over powering and over bearing with his opinions etc.. but the more I've watched them the less I've felt that and I really enjoy watching them now.

He brings up some great points too and he actually backs a lot of the things he says where initially you might be like "What" but then when you hear him out and his reasoning it's like "That actually makes a lot of sense", I find that a lot with Chael.

He sucks without a script or when isn’t stealing lines from wrestlers. That line you used he took from a billy Graham. Sonnen is about as original Conor.

I like his vids. He did a Q&A where listeners would send in their questions via video message, and all of them were thinks. It was weird.

I generally like his insight on how the business works, but occasionally he'll be too pro entertainment or takes shill opinions. He's also a big fan of interim belts. Despite the stuff I don't agree with, most of it's good.

Chael can say some interesting and insightful things. Problem is, imo, he puts out way too much content. Not that anyone would ever confuse him with being a 'quality over quantity' type of guy, but still...slow the fuck down, brah. He does videos on every-fucking-thing; 'Tony took a shit at 10th Planet, will this affect his ground game?', 'GSP got a speeding ticket, is he trying to come back?', blah blah blah. Plus, he's often caught spewing bullshit information (and I'm talking when he's trying to be factual). In the end, he's still that dorky real estate guy...that snitched.

sonnen-busted.gif

He sucks without a script or when isn’t stealing lines from wrestlers. That line you used he took from a billy Graham. Sonnen is about as original Conor.
have you seen his interviews, press conferences and when he replies to insults? come on man, he is smart as hell

I feel like he is wrong about everything and either not nearly as smart as he is given credit for or trolling 24/7.

He releases videos like he takes shits. The sheer volume of videos he releases screams that he's cashing in and his voice annoys the hell out of me. I've never watched one of his videos and not left bored and disappointed.

The one thing I will give him credit for is suckering me in to clicking on his videos because he is always on the beat and knows what the hot topics of the moment are.

He is really easy to listen to even if his voice might annoy someone and the facts are all over the place.

Glad he made the channel.

the greatest trash talker in sports history.
fixed

Staying on topic here, the new music is excellent. Really fun and self-deprecating.

A lot of the criticisms in this thread are true (trolling, clickbaiting) but the guy is so damn entertaining and he knows the biz.

have you seen his interviews, press conferences and when he replies to insults? come on man, he is smart as hell
Ya I have and he usually repeats the same regurgitated shit he says in interviews. Listen to him commentate fights dude, that’s more close to what he really is. When he commentates nothing witty comes out, his observations are wrong and doesn’t offer much insight at all.

Back