Why does every fight night main event

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not get a little pre fight press conference? Is that how pub league the UFC is? Try create a little bit of hype at least. How often do we have just 2 faces in a fight night main event when there could be some metal added in.

They can't get the two guys/chicks together a week out from the event with some press?

We could have already had Jeremy call Yair a child who he is going to kill to his face, but nah.

giphy.gif

This is cage fighting, not wwe..

No hype needed, just let them bang bro..

Not get a little pre fight press conference? Is that how pub league the UFC is? Try create a little bit of hype at least. How often do we have just 2 faces in a fight night main event when there could be some metal added in.

They can't get the two guys/chicks together a week out from the event with some press?

We could have already had Jeremy call Yair a child who he is going to kill to his face, but nah.
Well to be fair most people wouldn't give a shit and fight night cards tend to be for the loyal fans so they know nobody will watch because they just want to see a fight, not grade school drama and name calling so it's a waste of money.

At least that's what I assume the reasoning behind it is anyway.

This is cage fighting, not wwe..

No hype needed, just let them bang bro..

this guy doesn't understand marketing
nor a build up
nor what the word anticipation is
doesn't like stories
was kept in time out too often
I pity you

this guy doesn't understand marketing
nor a build up
nor what the word anticipation is
doesn't like stories
was kept in time out too often
I pity you
What can I say, I like fights...

Drama is for chicks..

It is also courteous to the fighters imo. Boxing does it, and that's alot less WWE than UFC. They don't have to trash talk...
I'm not against press conferences. I just don't care if they have one or not..

I think from a business pov it makes no sense. There's not a big enough return on investment for a free tv card. Why waste money and time on a card that's just going to be free anyway.

PPV's rely on people dipping into there pockets and spending money so the more promotion they get the better.

Dana blew the promo money for this fight night playing blackjack in Vegas. So he gave Jeremy Stephens a cheap ticket to Mexico and filmed him shadow boxing.

Drama is for women.

Who the fuck wants to hear Jeremy Stephens speak

They had two of the hottest fighter in the game at a presser yesterday and that shit was boring as fuck.

if they want to hype it, they can talk shit on twitter leading up to to the fight. don't need a press conference to do that. plus, it would be a waste of time and money for UFC. how many would care about a press conference with Jeremy Stephens and Yair Rodriguez

if they want to hype it, they can talk shit on twitter leading up to to the fight. don't need a press conference to do that. plus, it would be a waste of time and money for UFC. how many would care about a press conference with Jeremy Stephens and Yair Rodriguez
Media asks them the type of press conference questions separately, MMA fighting etc. It doesn't need to be a spectacle. UFC save enough money underpaying fighters maybe they should put some effort into their product.

Cause its on free TV...it cant draw extra money.

Cause its on free TV...it cant draw extra money.
What like BT Sport Boxing fights over here? They always have press conferences. Oh that's because boxing is an actual sport, nevermind.

Nothing says don't watch this fight more than when the UFC even undersell it.

What like BT Sport Boxing fights over here? They always have press conferences. Oh that's because boxing is an actual sport, nevermind.

Nothing says don't watch this fight more than when the UFC even undersell it.

UFC isn't a sport. Do you want it to be? Sounds kinda lame.

Back