Crime 4 cops pulled over Porsche driver, got cleaned up by a truck then Porsche driver fled the scene

Calling in some back up for dat dere OT. I know how it works. My brother is 5-0. Crazy

RIP

Apparently he missesd the accident because he was urinating on the side of the road (wtf).
If he had've stayed n helped I think most would have been forgotten n forgiven.
Now they've charged him with EVERYTHING they can think of.
He's an asshole to be fair

There was an incident in Canada that covered a truck driver running a stop sign and crashing into a bus load with a youth hockey team on board. The thread was on sherdog. Unreasonably a couple posters came to the driver's defense stating it was not his fault because of a treeline or it could have happened to anyone. I was not one of them but just saying, it pissed me off reading those comments.

Apples n bowling balls, my friend.

The Canadian crash was a completely sober (though a relatively new truck licensee) driver who crashed on a straight through road that had a limited visibility Stop sign on it.
The roads in that Province are just so monotonous, straight n featureless that it’s easy to get zoned out.

Exercising proper care n vigilance and he could’ve seen the Stop sign but it was understandable.
The accident, also, was just a 2 car smash up (hockey team) that was disproportionately fatal. Not a hi visibility official emergency vehicle, multiple actually, like in this case.

Most importantly, the driver, stayed on scene. Accepted full responsibility. Was cooperative, fully remorseful and did not dispute the charges or sentence.

The Canadian crash was a completely sober (though a relatively new truck licensee) driver who crashed on a straight through road that had a limited visibility Stop sign on it.
The roads in that Province are just so monotonous, straight n featureless that it’s easy to get zoned out.

Exercising proper care n vigilance and he could’ve seen the Stop sign but it was understandable.
The accident, also, was just a 2 car smash up (hockey team) that was disproportionately fatal. Not a hi visibility official emergency vehicle, multiple actually, like in this case.

Most importantly, the driver, stayed on scene. Accepted full responsibility. Was cooperative, fully remorseful and did not dispute the charges or sentence.

Did the trucker in this case flee the scene? I thought only the Porache driver did and he had nothing to do with the crash.

Did the trucker in this case flee the scene? I thought only the Porache driver did and he had nothing to do with the crash.

Did you miss everything else I wrote about the differences ?
The Australian trucker was high on meth btw.

I got the impression that the post you quoted was in response to my own comments about the general public not taking driving / road safety seriously. The key part of the post you quoted was people deflecting the cause of the accident away from the driver.

Is it actually a serious crime? That and fleeing the scene of an accident seems like all hes criminally guilty of.

Now the actual situation is so bad he could get a max sentence, but is it long? I dont know much about Australian law
Let's just say he will be lucky to make it out of jail alive. Melbourne police have quite the rep.

all i want to know is did dick pusey get his sushi? i guess by now he's already a fresh fish in jail

thanks! That's just absurd in a fucking straight! Hope the guy gets charged with murder.

Maybe I missed something but all the Porsche driver did was get pulled over for speeding and then he fled the scene. None of that is murder. He isn't the one who rammed into the police with a vehicle.

Imagine getting pulled over for speeding and then some asshole high on dope smashes into the police killing 4 of them and now you got murder charges on you.

Last edited:
My friend is a cop in melbs and knew all 4 of them.

F

Maybe I missed something but all the Porsche driver did was get pulled over for speeding and then he fled the scene. None of that is murder. He isn't the one who rammed into the police with a vehicle.

Imagine getting pulled over for speeding and then some asshole high on dope smashes into the police killing 4 of them and now you got murder charges on you.

I meant the truck driver, but the Porsche guy should be charged with fleeing and not helping the officers

my thing is, if there had only been one or two hockey players on the bus I could see not seeing them. But bro, it was an entire hockey team. How in the hell do you miss that?!

. . . No explanation for what happened? This attitude is flatout wrong and highly dangerous.

The explanation for the accident is that the driver was not paying attention to the surroundings (by blowing through a stop sign without reacting), was not driving appropriately for the conditions (exceeding speed limit combined with poor visibility [see the windscreen comment, which may or may not be a copout excuse]) and was not in control of the vehicle (putting her foot on the accelerator when intending to brake).

There is always a cause and always an explanation. Taking the stance that fatal crashes are just a thing that happens and nothing can be done about it is just.....wrong.

The big question for me is this: how can anyone think she will have improved her driving skills enough to be a competent driver when she is eligible for a driver's license in eight years?

I don't doubt it was a mistake and that she's no criminal, but being responsible for a death as a driver should be a permanent lifetime driving ban for anyone.

I'm not sure the truck driver was on meth. There's still been no confirmation of the stories of meth being either at his home or in the cab of the truck. So far all the truck driver has been charged with is four counts of culpable driving.

Edit: Actually just reading on Victorian law that this might be DUI, as the culpable driving charge has to be specified as one of four scenarios and precludes related charges. I guess that will be known after he faces court today. If he's found guilty of culpable driving causing death it's a sentence of up to 20 years, with a standard sentence of 8 (no possibility of a non-custodial sentence).

• Driving recklessly. This basically means that the driver deliberately (and without any good reason) ignores a substantial risk that another person may die or suffer what is known as “grievous bodily harm” as result of their driving. This does not mean that the offence relates to situations where serious injury only is caused by the accident.
  • Driving negligently. This basically means that a person fails majorly (and without any good reason) to take enough care to avoid the death or grievous bodily harm. Fatigue (that the person is likely to fall asleep) is specifically listed as a cause of negligence under the Act. Driving above or below the speed limit however, is not determinative of negligence
  • Driving under the influence of alcohol). This is to such an extent that proper control of the vehicle cannot be maintained. Driving over the legal blood alcohol limit is not necessarily determinative.
  • Driving while under the influence of drugs. This is to such an extent that proper control of the vehicle cannot be maintained.

I meant the truck driver, but the Porsche guy should be charged with fleeing and not helping the officers
is there a law requiring that you render assistance at the scene of an accident? does that law provide protection when you, an untrained non-medical person, accidentally injures and kill a person through your attempts to render aid?

there's a lot to digest in the 'he should be charged for not helping' plea. hell, even cops aren't legally required to protect you or provide aid to you.

A person is either trolling or a snow flake.

Last edited:
is there a law requiring that you render assistance at the scene of an accident? does that law provide protection when you, an untrained non-medical person, accidentally injures and kill a person through your attempts to render aid?

there's a lot to digest in the 'he should be charged for not helping' plea. hell, even cops aren't legally required to protect you or provide aid to you.

In the US they might not be, and the specifics vary from state to state here, but there absolutely is a legal obligation to render assistance. Police have been jailed for failing to do so. Typically though it's for hit and run accidents. Elevating the penalty from a failure to report an accident or failure to provide details charge.

I'm Australian and I've done a senior first aid certificate a long time ago and the protections for a person who renders aid are very comprehensive. At the time, no-one had ever been charged with what you might be suggesting, since you needed to fail a series of tests that basically would mean you are doing the work without their consent and in a way that you know is harmful to them and beyond the reasonable purview of your training. It should be noted that consent to medical aid is treated as automatic if they are unconscious.

With regards to having a legal obligation to protect or provide aid there are limited requirements in Australia, which I'll copy from a lawyers website. These aren't my words, aren't legal advice, and could well be wrong.

Full text: https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/blog/is-it-a-crime-not-to-help-someone-in-danger/

Extract:

Duty to rescue
This means there will only be limited circumstances where a person can be liable – and this will be due to some pre-existing connection such as:

• If you caused the danger or injury;
  • If the injury or dangerous situation occurred on your property;
  • If you have a duty of care because your position in relation to the person in danger, eg you are their doctor, teacher, employer etc; or
  • If you created a duty of care through your actions at the time the person was in danger.
But when it comes to complete strangers, the law has traditionally placed few obligations.

I believe that rendering assistance can be as simple as calling for an ambulance - which is free in Australia.

Back