Ali Abdelhabibi: Broke Floyd "begging" Khabib for fight, but GSP could be next before Tony

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“One thing I tell you, Floyd Mayweather, to this day, keep begging to fight Khabib,” Abdelaziz told TMZ this week. “Begging. Floyd ran out of money. I’m telling you, people reaching out to me every week about Floyd fighting Khabib. But at the end of the day, we’re not interested. For now.”

“At the end of the day, we’re fighting Dustin Poirier. He’s a true number-one contender. We’ve got the guy with the cheap glasses [Tony Ferguson], ‘El Cucuy’ is next. We’ve got a lot of killers in this weight division.”

In fact, he believes a fight with St-Pierre could occur before a fight with Tony Ferguson.

“We’ve got my man Georges St-Pierre… He might be next too. I can see Georges fighting Khabib before Tony fight Khabib. But of course Dustin Poirier is next.”

“100%, [St-Pierre] is the number-one interest fight for him.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/manager-khabib-nurmagomedov-could-fight-gsp-before-tony/

Sounds about right. Tony should be next, and I'm sure he will be, but I can see why someone considered "GOAT" of the weighclass above would be a bigger challenge and do the most for Khabib's "all-time GOAT" status. I don't see Dana making that fight though, so he'll be fighting Tony after he gets past Poirier.

"Broke"
{<jordan}
Conor was an easy payday for him, this fight would be even easier

GSP can't return any time soon. He has to do 6 months in the USADA pool

I can't imagine Floyd is broke. I know he did go broke the first time he retired but that was before he started making insane amounts of money.

Sorry tony fans, he's earned that fight two times over, but if it means GSP coming back for another fight then i don't care who gets fucked over....

Nothing this guy says matters. He's an excellent manager behind the scenes but his public statements are meaningless BS.

Yea... “we’re not interested in making the most money we’d ever make.”

Knock it off, Bozo.

Last edited:
Does anyone believe a word this guy says? Full of shit and full of himself!

Floyd begging for Khabib fight? Oh yeah, I’m sure.

GSP can't return any time soon. He has to do 6 months in the USADA pool

if he got back in now he'd be ready around the time of the superbowl card, which would be a great headliner.

Ali is everything that is wrong with today's mma

Hopefully Tony will destroy Khabib and Ali will fade into irrelevance.

Does anyone believe a word this guy says? Full of shit and full of himself!

Floyd begging for Khabib fight? Oh yeah, I’m sure.

it's easy to see why Floyd would want it though. Begging might be the wrong word, but Floyd most likely is trying to get it done, its an easy $100mill for him.

Ali is everything that is wrong with today's mma

Hopefully Tony will destroy Khabib and Ali will fade into irrelevance.

Ali manages Usman, Cejudo, Moraes etc. He's not going anywhere, get used to him.

Back