Media Brendan Loughnane denied UFC contract, due to TD.

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score

Absolute bullshit from the pink goof.

l"showed it on TV tonight. When he double legged, I threw my pen and went, ‘You’ve got to be (expletive) me. Did he just double leg him with less than 10 seconds left in a fight?’ That kid is absolutely going to be in the UFC someday. He’s got the record. He’s got the skill. He’s got the great story. I think he’s hilarious. Just not tonight, man – not tonight"

Dana can do what the fuck he wants he was sending a message to the rest of the season what he wants this show to be.

Stop being Nancy boy fans

A takedown with 10 seconds left in the fight
Dena is looking for finishers
Normal

“Unlike any other show you would fight on or whatever, I’m looking for killers, man,” White said. “If you get in here, and you make it to the show, and you want to make it to the UFC, show me. Don’t double leg with 10 seconds left in the fight.

“Show me you want to be here. Show me you want to win. Show me you have that killer instinct. Because you can fight a thousand of those fights anywhere else or even in our show but not tonight.”

This "Sport" is a joke...Fuck the UFC, hope they get bankrupt.

Imagine if the guy thought "I'm going for a TD just to show Dana that I'm a complete fighter. That will impress him even more!"

What Dana said is mild by Sherdog standards. Nothing to be pissed about.

Dana can do what the fuck he wants he was sending a message to the rest of the season what he wants this show to be.

Stop being Nancy boy fans

This. Not to mention overall it was kind of a lackluster episode which isn't good for the show as a whole nor for UFC.

Plus Loughnane's face was priceless <45>

What Dana said is mild by Sherdog standards. Nothing to be pissed about.

As a sherdoger I say the occasional bs here and there but my dum dum sayings/logic didn't cost someone their spot/job.

This "Sport" is a joke...Fuck the UFC, hope they get bankrupt.
it's more than just a sport, and this is a tv show. lol at hoping they go bankrupt, so all the pure other orgs can shine.....

it's more than just a sport, and this is a tv show. lol at hoping they go bankrupt, so all the pure other orgs can shine.....
Nah, just want a bit of Chaos...I believe this Chaos will benefit the fighters in the end.

Imagine if the guy thought "I'm going for a TD just to show Dana that I'm a complete fighter. That will impress him even more!"

I was thinking the same.. what if he went for the complete game showcase and was happy about the result until Dana :sniper:

I mean, this is kick boxing.

But for real, why do last second take downs score so highly?

Dana must've hated the years GSP was champ. A wrestler who always won and was a PPV star so they couldn't get rid of him..

lol he gave a contract to a guy who led on top of his opponent for a whole round, but Loughnane hits a takedown and stays on top for 10 seconds and it's a big deal? The fuck kinda logic is that?

Dana trying to control fighters lol, so are fighters who shoot for takedowns at the end of rds in danger of being cut from the UFC now?

When Chuck fought Wand I remember that fight pissing me off because he started doing that shit.

(I could be remembering this wrong it has been like a decade but something to that effect has stuck in my mind)

Edit. Nope I went back and watched the fight and it still pissed me off to this day. Come on Chuck it made him look bad. Was he afraid to bang with Wand? That's what we wanted.

I still made money at a redneck bar when an unknown black guy called Rampage Jackson made him crumble. I knew about him and threw a 20 down and bet against 4 redneck idiots. I do miss those days. Chuck was good but I saw flaws in his striking. Nobody around me knew about Japan and Pride. They were making Chuck out to be a white Mike Tyson. It felt good when he hit the floor against Rampage and I don't have anything against Chuck, it was more about the clueless fans. I get the same feeling with McGregor. A lot of that is Dana's smoke and mirrors and people fall for it.

Last edited:
Back